• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bluetooth Pedals
I was wondering whether people are using these and, if so, which model you are using? The AirTurn BT-105 looks great and is probably my top choice so far, but if anybody has any cheaper alternatives that are working well then I'm open to suggestions?

Even a list of pedals that are known to work might be useful, if possible?

Cheers, Chris.

I suppose I'm specifically looking at the PageFlip Cicada as an alternative, since it's only £50! Any idea whether that is compatible?
(05-14-2012, 07:10 PM)cdawe55 Wrote: I suppose I'm specifically looking at the PageFlip Cicada as an alternative, since it's only £50! Any idea whether that is compatible?

I have the PageFlip Cicada and it is compatible. I'm very happy with it, like the build quality even though it plastic. I like that it's an integrated unit as opposed to the BT-105 that is made of multiple components and cables.

Curt.
Great news, thanks Curt. I think that makes up my mind, time for a tablet upgrade and a PageFlip! Smile

Chris
Yeah! Which Tablet are you getting?
I haven't decided yet. I only use it for MobileSheets so there's no point paying out for a Galaxy Tab or similar, but anything with a reasonably response capacitive screen will do nicely. The Archos 101 G9 could be an option, but I'm concerned that the rounded ends mean it won't stand up in portrait mode..

I'm sure that once I have a pedal I'll be able to use landscape orientation, but I've not given that a go yet. Smile
A Galaxy Tab 10.1 can be had for about the same price as the Archos these days, assuming you are willing to get a refurbished unit. I got mine from refurbished from Walmart and have been very happy with it. The unit appeared new, but with generic packaging:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Samsung-Galaxy...e/20703383

Curt.
Oh wow that's great, I hadn't even considered a refurbished model! I'm tempted to snap that up straight away..

Thanks! Chris
has anyone testet bluetooth mice for page turning? would be a lot cheaper
I purchased the pedals that work with USB cable instead of
Bluetooth. They seem to work well. I'm still trying to get used to them.

They were cheaper than the others plus I figured they might work better than trying to connect to Bluetooth.

I'm using them on an Acer Iconia A500 tablet. They also work with MS Word.

Here's the link if anyone is interested in reading about them.

http://www.bilila.com/pagescore_turner

David
(05-14-2012, 07:10 PM)cdawe55 Wrote: I was wondering whether people are using these and, if so, which model you are using? The AirTurn BT-105 looks great and is probably my top choice so far, but if anybody has any cheaper alternatives that are working well then I'm open to suggestions?

Even a list of pedals that are known to work might be useful, if possible?

Cheers, Chris.

I suppose I'm specifically looking at the PageFlip Cicada as an alternative, since it's only £50! Any idea whether that is compatible?

I'm using a Nintendo Wii remote commander together with wiimotecontroller app. works fine on samsung galaxy tab. and costs only about 45$
However, it's mechanically not perfectly suited for the purpose. but with little modifications its usable

regards
Alain
I got myself the Airturn BT105. It works great in combination with the Asus Transformer.

The reason I bought an Airturn is that its small and handy: both tablet and pedal together fit easily in my gigbag. Other pedals I saw where larger so I'd still had to bring an extra bag or backpack.

The Airturn isn't the cheapest set of pedals out there but it fits my needs perfectly.
The chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one, they say....
The chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one, but still they come
Which pedal is best for Galaxy Tab 10.1 (Android)
As far as bluetooth pedals go for the Galaxy Tab or any other tablet, the bt-105 is very nice: http://www.airturnaffiliate.com/idevaffi...39_11_3_42

Another option for bluetooth is the cicada pageflip. It's cheaper but it also feels cheaper, and is more noisy.

You can also get a $20 adapter for the Galaxy Tab that would allow you to potentially use a USB pedal.
(11-09-2012, 01:53 AM)Zuberman Wrote: As far as bluetooth pedals go for the Galaxy Tab or any other tablet, the bt-105 is very nice: http://www.airturnaffiliate.com/idevaffi...39_11_3_42

Another option for bluetooth is the cicada pageflip. It's cheaper but it also feels cheaper, and is more noisy.

You can also get a $20 adapter for the Galaxy Tab that would allow you to potentially use a USB pedal.

Thanks! Can you elaborate on the adapter and USB pedal?
I use a Cicada Pageflip and it is great. Responds well, no noise unless you start tapping it really hard, no wires and much cheaper than the bt-105.

Not using it with a Galaxy Tab, but I don't imagine the tablet should make much any difference.