• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple simultaneous audio files to different outputs
Hey,

MobileSheets user for many years here, started out just reading pdf's started using BLE midi to call up songs, have imported audio files for practise purposes before, and now about to perhaps delve farther into the deep end than possible or practical witin the application. 

I'm researching how I might be able to become the backing track engineer for at least one of my projects; I am looking at buying a USB-C audio interface with multiple outputs to put on my pedal board, and was hoping to be able to find a software, that enables me to send click, spoken audio cues and stereo backing tracks (all wav or perhaps click from the built in metronome in MS) out of individual outputs on the device. I can make this work with a "real" computer, but was hoping to keep my ability to travel light with my android tablet... Would Mobile Sheets be able to handle this in a near future, or is it too much to ask of the software? It would be handy to have my sheets on screen, and do it all within the software. As USB-C interfaces are becoming a more common thing, I could see others start to seek out such capabilities as well.

Best regards

Thomas
MobileSheets does not support audio routing where you can choose individual outputs on an external audio interface. It relies on the OS to determine what the audio output should be for the app, and for USB audio connections, there is no code in MobileSheets at all to utilize that - it's all built into the operating system. 

Mike
(01-18-2024, 01:14 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: MobileSheets does not support audio routing where you can choose individual outputs on an external audio interface. It relies on the OS to determine what the audio output should be for the app, and for USB audio connections, there is no code in MobileSheets at all to utilize that - it's all built into the operating system. 

Mike

Thanks, Mike. I appreciate your reply. I guess a lightweight laptop dedicated to the purpose is on my wish list now... And I will keep my android tablet on the mic stand with sheets.