• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Surface Pro Setup
I have 2 other MobileSheets instances on other computers and wish to import my Win 10 library and set lists to this machine as soon as I buy another copy of MobileSheets Pro. Where is the best location to buy it from, and how to I accomplish this?

Bernie
If you purchased MobileSheets through the Microsoft Store, then your purchase is tied to the email address you used on the store. Just log in with that same email address, and you will be able to install MobileSheets on the other devices you own. It is also recommended to be logged in to Windows 10 itself with that email address to avoid problems. If you purchased through FastSpring (https://zubersoft.onfastspring.com/), then a separate purchase is required for each device. You will get one license key per purchase, and you can enter those when starting the application for the first time.

Mike
Thanks.  I have the app installed on my new laptop and want to copy the library and sets from my old Win 10 to the new one.
You could do a sync [old as master] over wifi/blue tooth or a backup/restore using  a thumbdrive.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
Thank you Skip.  I will try backing old up and restoring from thumb drive to new tablet.  I assume this is what you mean, as I am new to this.
Another way, which I personally prefer, is to copy your directories with the sheets to the new location (they have to have the exact same paths) and also copy the database

C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Packages\41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_ys1c8ct2g6ypr\LocalState\mobilesheets.db

also to the exact same location on your new device. You have to have MSP installed before on the Surface of course.

I think it should be even possible to copy the whole LocalState directory, but I have had some difficulties with that, so I left it with the database only which includes most of the important data anyway and you have just to adjust some settings on the new device.
Thank you for the additional method BRX. Since I am new to this, I will have to make sure I find the database to make sure the set lists are found.  The most important thing for me is to get the database over to my new machine.  The set lists can be easily rebuilt.  I will dig into the manual.