• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sharpness/Contrast on large screens
Have you calibrated that monitor? I normally have to turn down the brightness and contrast a lot on monitors as they always have them way too high. A lot of times they also use picture modes that result in far too much sharpness being applied, and can cause graphical artifacts. 

I switched between all of the page tones and didn't really see any differences in how the page was rendered on my monitor. I'm currently using #FFF2D1 for Sepia. I can experiment with other colors if you believe there is a better color to use. I believe I originally tried #704214 but it was far too dark and the notes on the sheet music didn't stand out at all. 

Please let me know if you can try adjusting the settings on that monitor to see if it improves the quality of the images in MobileSheets. I usually rely on TFT Central, as they do a thorough analysis of most monitors and provide some rough values to help users get started with their calibration. I found a review for the U2719D, but could not find one for the SE2719H. It is here if you want to see it: https://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2719d.htm

They also provide ICC calibration profiles so that the colors are correct on the monitor. I applied this for my monitor, and while at first it takes a little getting used to, it does result in accurate color representation.

Another thing to consider is that C# UWP applications use DirectX to render everything (it's how Microsoft implements it under the hood). Other applications you are referencing may use GDI+ or other approaches to rendering. What kind of graphics card do you have in that computer?

Mike

Messages In This Thread
Sharpness/Contrast on large screens - by JWR - 05-26-2019, 01:01 AM
RE: Sharpness/Contrast on large screens - by JWR - 05-26-2019, 04:14 AM
RE: Sharpness/Contrast on large screens - by Zubersoft - 05-26-2019, 04:45 AM
RE: Sharpness/Contrast on large screens - by JWR - 05-26-2019, 07:25 AM