• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem deleting duplicates
Hello,

I recently started playing an instrument and belong to a few local jam groups. Each group has their own song lists and some of these songs are the same between groups. When I import a new song from a certain group, sometimes it creates a duplicate (or more) if I already have that song. I usually just pull a song to play from the "songs" tab but I did create a couple set lists. I recently tried cleaning up the songs tab by deleting any duplicates. However, sometimes it also deleted the song from a set list even though that specific song is still in the main song tab. 
Also, I have tried this a few times and once after deleting the duplicates, the next time I used Mobilesheets the duplicates were back in the main folder.

Any tips or suggestions?

Thank you
Jim
I handle this by keeping each group's songs in a separate collection and appending the collection name to each file I import.
e.g. "Bad Moon Rising - U3A", "Bad Moon Rising - Pub" and "Bad Moon Rising - BUJ" in collections U3A, Pub  and BUJ.
When at a group, or editing setlists, I make sure that I've selected the appropriate collection (rather than using the Songs tab).

This allows for any group to change their version without affecting the other groups or existing setlists.

Not ideal but it works for me.

Geoff
PS: I realise that this doesn't handle your current duplicates problem but could help going forward
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6