• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cloud
is there the possibility of linking Mobile Sheets to Cloud storage?
At the moment, no, and I'm not sure I want to support that. Most of the code is written with the expectation that there is a file on disk that can be accessed. In order to support linking to cloud storage, all of the code would need to be modified to be asynchronous in nature so that the file could first be downloaded from cloud storage before being accessed. With large PDFs, this doesn't make a lot of sense either as a lot of time would be required to download the file each time. Most users want to be able to use the app without an internet connection, which is especially important while performing at venues. Storage is fairly inexpensive now, especially if the device supports removable SD cards, so I don't think it's a big problem to have files downloaded to the device. I'm always open to feedback though if a strong case can be made for trying to add support for linking directly to files in the cloud in the future.

Mike
Of course, it depends what you mean by linked to cloud storage. You can already backup or synchronise everything to cloud storage like google drive or dropbox. That might be sufficient for your needs.

Andy