• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Use of SD Card
I have avoided using an SD card due to complications I have read about.

At some point, I will have to choose between paying a lot more for a tablet with 32 GB or more memory or using an SD card.

Are most use using an SD card to store MS data?  In most cases does it work fine?

Or are most user using the table's storage?  Is that a better/more foolproof/safer route to go?

Thanks for any input.

Jeff
When Android changed SD card access (somewhere around KitKat) there was lots of confusion and problems.
With a decent modern Android (Nougat or later) there should be no problems storing the MSPro library on the SD card.
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
(07-12-2019, 03:40 PM)jeffn1 Wrote: I have avoided using an SD card due to complications I have read about.

At some point, I will have to choose between paying a lot more for a tablet with 32 GB or more memory or using an SD card.

Are most use using an SD card to store MS data?  In most cases does it work fine?

Or are most user using the table's storage?  Is that a better/more foolproof/safer route to go?

Thanks for any input.

Jeff

Thanks.  If any one else has input, I'm all eyes. . . . .Agree? Disagree?
I'm using a card on the 2 android tablets, no problems so far. I had to authorize the card on the Note though. I'm just a basic user though, no fancy messin' with the database or anything. Wink
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
A limitation of modern Android support for SD card is that the application, in this case MSPro, becomes the 'owner' of the data. Other apps may read the data but not modify.

Also, when you uninstall MSPro, all the MSPro owned data will be removed from the SD card.

Since I maintain my MSPro data on a Linux system I use an external tool (rsync) to copy the files to Android. This works fine if the library is on the internal memory. To be able to copy the files to the SD card, I need to root the tablet. If you use the MSPro companion both alternatives should work equally well.
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).