• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with making changes to song
Hi,

I make changes in Photoshop to a pdf song that is already in MobileSheets Pro (PC Windows 10).  I open MobileSheets Pro and select Import and click on Local File. I select the pdf file and Open. The Import Settings window opens and the settings are Title: Guess Title From Filename, Load Song Editor After Import is checked, and Duplicate File Behavior: is set to Create New Song From Existing File. I select OK. A window opens saying that pdf song already exists and Update Existing Song With New File is highlighted. I click on OK. A window opens that says the song was updated and I click OK.

I open the song and double check that all of the changes have been made. All is fine and I close it. I right click on the song and select Edit Song to see if the Editor info is correct. Most (~75%) of the time the fields are all empty. I click on Cancel. I right click on the song again and reselect Edit Song. Now the fields are filled in the way they were prior to making the changes and I select OK to make sure they are saved.

Very rarely the Editor fields are shown as correct. The majority of the time they are all empty but when I cancel and re-Edit they are there.

The very first time I did this I assumed the Editor fields were deleted and had to re-enter them. The next time I did it they were there and correct. That is why I always hit cancel and try again to see if they are there.

There is definitely a bug there that needs fixing.

Thanks
I'll look into this. It's possible some issues have been introduced with the changes to prevent memory leaks.

Thanks,
Mike
I can't seem to reproduce any problems while testing on my PC. What version of MobileSheets are you currently running? I want to verify you are running version 2.9.4. Also, what type of device are you using? I'll run some more tests on my Surface Pro 4 to see if the behavior is any different on that device.

Thanks,
Mike
Hi, Mike,

I was running 2.9.4 on a Dell XPS 8920 desktop PC 32Mb memory running up to date level of Windows 10 Pro x64. I just upgraded to 2.9.5 and same is still happening. 

Thanks,
Mike
I'm not sure how to reproduce this issue yet, as I'm not seeing it on either my PC or my Surface Pro 4. I will try testing on some other devices such as a slower laptop that I have to see if it's somehow related to timing.

Thanks,
Mike
Mike,

I'm still not having any luck. Is there any chance you can create a library backup in MobileSheets by going to Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library, and then share that .msb file with me through Dropbox or Google Drive? If so, please send a link to mike@zubersoft.com. If it's not too much trouble, if you can create a small video clip of the problem, that would also be invaluable so I can see exactly what actions you are doing (just so I'm sure I'm doing the same exact thing).

Thanks!
Mike
I think I finally was able to reproduce the problem. The bug I encountered certainly would explain what you saw. I'll include this with the next update.

Thanks,
Mike
(04-25-2020, 12:23 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: I think I finally was able to reproduce the problem. The bug I encountered certainly would explain what you saw. I'll include this with the next update.

Thanks,
Mike
Great, thanks Mike.
Please try out version 2.9.6 and let me know if you still see the issue.

Thanks,
Mike