• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jumping page display at a cut end while scrolling
Hello @all,

I have a confusing problem, but only with some songs:

I composed some PDF pages for linearization in such a way, that the last page is a cut one (in a certain case: only consisting of one score system).  My page display setting is "align bottom", so I expect that the scrolling should just stop and remain so when the scrolling reaches a point where the end of this last page with the single score line is shown in full right at the bottom of the display. In many of my re-arranged songs this works, but in some it does not.

Instead, the scrolling continues in a way that this last single-score-line page is definitely lifted beyond the bottom align state. But then the scrolling stops, and the display jumps back to the expected end state (where the single score line is bottom aligned).

Obviously, this jump causes considerable confusion about the actual position I am just reading on the sheet, as it happens suddenly, so I am losing my reading focus.

Is this an effect caused by an "error between the headphones", or is it a bug?

Kind regards,
Petra
Playing classical music on a wind controller hobby-wise - and tired of carrying around tons of paper sheets.  Wink
Hello Petra,

It sounds like a bug. I can run some tests to see if I can reproduce it. If I cannot, I may ask you to export that song (long press, Share->Export as .msf) and send the .msf file to mike@zubersoft.com so I can test with your exact settings.

Thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike,

here is one of the problematic pieces: http://vorostat.de/specials/ewi/LL36.msf

It scrolls down until the bottom of the cut last page is raised to at least 3 cm above the bottom of the (inverted portrait mode) display. Then it suddenly jumps back down to the position at which I would expect it to stop scrolling.

Thanks for your fast reaction!

Cheers,
Petra
Playing classical music on a wind controller hobby-wise - and tired of carrying around tons of paper sheets.  Wink
Hi Mike,

I certainly don't want to harass you, but just would like to forward the observation that the reported problem occurs with an number of pieces. With the more ambiguous ones I frequently lose track of the place where I am, and this is not very nice ...

If you need further ones for analysis, please let me know.

Kind regards,
Petra
I'm working on it and will have a fix in place for the next update.

Thanks,
Mike
Great!

I was just worried that you didn't confirm the problem so far.

Eagerly waiting for the fix,  Wink

Petra
Just giving Mike a great hug:

After the last update the above problem wasn't solved on my tablet (Samsung Note Pro 12.2 with Android 5.0.2 (sic!)) even though Mike had thought it would be, as he did something about it and could not reproduce the problem on his newer hardware afterwards. Upon a short notice on that he looked into the problem again and prepared a new version for me to test. And yessss, now it works flawlessly with several songs that would jump around at the end before.

I couldn't check with all songs I have in my library, but I'm quite confident that Mike now found and fixed the bug.  *thumbs up*

It would be so nice if the hardware manufacturers would exhibit the same customer dedication to their already sold products as Mike does for MSP!!

Thankfully,

Petra
Thank you Petra, I'm glad we were able to get it working properly on your device.

Mike