• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What have I done? (unordered managed setlist?)
An ordered setlist is perfect for performing songs in a predetermined order. But there's a performance (or practice) scenario where I have a collection of candidate songs I want to select from spontaneously as the spirit (or the room) moves me. In this case I would like to see which songs in the collection I have already played so I can select from the other ones. Or quickly find something for a replay request.

A mode that marks (or lets me mark) a song in the list on the library screen after it was played (clearable of course) might help. But I think the best way would be to provide a new song sorting option for any collection, especially a setlist. While this sort method is in effect, upon leaving a song display that song would automatically be moved to the bottom of that collection list. Sort of the opposite behavior of the Recent tab. I could then easily choose among the not-yet-played songs, and also see which I have done already. If I like I might also create a placeholder at the bottom of the list when starting to play the setlist, to serve as a floating separation marker between unplayed and played.

I know I could achieve the same effect using a manually sorted setlist and tapping the number box to the left of the name of the song I just played. If I then enter a number that is the same or greater than the number of the last item in the list, then my song moves to the bottom. But the (least recently used?) sort option would be quicker and more convenient.

Messages In This Thread
What have I done? (unordered managed setlist?) - by mike golding - 07-25-2019, 06:22 AM