• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What have I done? (unordered managed setlist?)
I still believe in the utility of a new sort method for randomly choosing songs from an unordered list and having them move to the bottom of the list after viewing them. If this is infeasible for the near term or not consistent with MSP design, I have is a workaround to achieve essentially the same purpose.

I could clear the Recents Tab and then quickly view a desired bunch of songs so that Recents now contains all of them (and no others). Then I would add a placeholder (such as "--------zz", or reuse an existing one) and view it so that it is now at the top of the Recents list. After viewing any song in the Recents list it moves to the top of the list. Now you can easily see which songs haven't been played yet (those below the placeholder) and which have (above the placeholder). Like my LRU sort proposal but with already viewed songs on the top instead of the bottom (MRU?).

As an aid in this procedure, it would be helpful to have an Add Songs to Recents item (after Add Songs to Collection) in the overflow menu when viewing a list of songs (perhaps with some selected, or not) or a selected group name.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What have I done? (unordered managed setlist?) - by mike golding - 08-18-2019, 04:53 AM