• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chord/Lyric Charts
I'm new to Mobilesheets so sorry if this has been covered elsewhere.

Is there a blank template that can be used to create lyric and chord charts, preferably as pdf? I'd prefer to create complete song charts without repeats as I find this easier to follow playing live (also not needing to turn pages back!). I've previously used iRealpro and like that format.
There is nothing like that in the app at the moment. If you can find a document to use as a blank template, you could just import that and copy the song over and over each time the blank template is needed. I could look into including something like this in the future if it would be helpful to users.

Mike
(07-27-2019, 03:20 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: There is nothing like that in the app at the moment. If you can find a document to use as a blank template, you could just import that and copy the song over and over each time the blank template is needed. I could look into including something like this in the future if it would be helpful to users.

Mike
Thanks Mike,

I realise I can create charts in a word processor then save as pdf so easy enough to create my own custom template. I think I favour 4 or 8 bars (measures) per line with large chords in a line above the lyrics. I will experiment and see how it goes.

It might be nice to have the facility available within MSPro though!

Roger
ChordPro would be worth giving a try. It is natively supported by MSP, supports capo and allows transposing on the fly.
https://github.com/ChordPro/chordpro/wiki

Please find attached my templates.

@Mike: if you find the time to invest some effort, please support {start_of_grid} / {end_of_grid} in ChordPro. Thank you.
https://github.com/ChordPro/chordpro/wik...s-env_grid

Attached Files
.doc   _leer_2x8Takte_Ak_A5.doc (Size: 15.5 KB / Downloads: 2)
.doc   _leer_4x8Takte_Ak_A5.doc (Size: 36 KB / Downloads: 0)
.cho   Template_1Ak-p-Takt_Ak.cho (Size: 307 bytes / Downloads: 4)
.cho   Template_2Ak-p-Takt_Ak.cho (Size: 437 bytes / Downloads: 0)
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

Thanks. Correct me if I'm wrong but does Chordpro set the chords within the lyric line? I'd prefer the chords to be above the lyric in a large legible font. I'd only be using the lyrics as a "prompt".
No. When you enter a song with any text editor, you type the chords in [] within the lyrics. Usually programs that display ChordPro set the chord above the character following the closing bracket ].
Get examples from e.g. https://www.chordie.com/browsesong.php and try it yourself.
In MSP: "Place Chords Above Text" like the other settings in Settings - Text File Settings is valid program-wide. Other settings like the font sizes are per song.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

Thanks. I'll give it a try!