• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Large import breaks library
I think it's about 6GB of data, well calculated :-)

But again, the issue is not in uploading - the file never gets created.

The creation of the MSF file in the cache folder is halted at some random spot.

It has to be something weird about the files I am importing, but at the same time they are going through the Companion with automatic cropping.

All I know is that the files starting with A-D did not finish creating as a file until I ran them all through the auto-scrolling.
So far, I have A-D in one file and one next batch (don't remember the letters).

So to clarify my steps:

I went through the Companion to separate all the new files into new Collections, e.g. all tunes starting with the letters A-D were in one Collection, and so on.
I tried uploading the first collection at least 4 times, and each time it stopped creating the MSF file, always in the same spot. I had to reboot the tablet in order to load any files in MSP after it stops.
Then I ran through all the files in auto-scrolling.
The next time I uploaded the first collection, it went through without a problem, so did the second batch.

I think maybe there is something funky about my files that MSP has trouble with until it actually opens and displays them - until then, there are funky files it cannot export.

I can't really explain it, but this is what I have gone through, and I have had the same issue with other files.

It could be the source of the PDF files - they come from the same person who scanned them.

Messages In This Thread
Large import breaks library - by semmelbroesel - 08-01-2019, 05:00 AM
RE: Large import breaks library - by Zubersoft - 08-01-2019, 05:49 AM
RE: Large import breaks library - by Zubersoft - 08-03-2019, 04:26 PM
RE: Large import breaks library - by semmelbroesel - 08-04-2019, 06:52 AM
RE: Large import breaks library - by Zubersoft - 08-04-2019, 07:00 AM
RE: Large import breaks library - by Zubersoft - 08-04-2019, 08:11 AM
RE: Large import breaks library - by Zubersoft - 08-05-2019, 03:59 AM