• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New problem with menus in recent update
I just installed the most recent update with the SET LIST MENU options for CANCEL and SAVE.

Here is the problem:

1. Select SETLIST tab at top main windows
2. Long press a setlist to select
3. Press EDIT at top right menu
4. Double song windows show and new MENU option to CANCEL and SAVE are listed
=== everything is fine using this process ===

then there is the other way

1. Select SETLIST tab at top of main windows
2. Press EDIT at top right menu  ( do not select a setlist )
3. Long press a setlist to select
4. Double song windows show up and the MENU option are not the same as before, in fact menu options are missing and the right side of the top left menu area show part of the main tabs.

recommendation - limit the path to edit a set list to one way. After a user long presses a set list to select it, then present the menu option to edit it.

On the android version there is yet another set of menu options on the 2nd procedure.
Hello,

I can't seem to reproduce the problems you've described on either my PC or my Surface Pro 4. If I right-click or long press a setlist on the 2nd mode, I get valid menu options, and it does not view the list of songs (i.e. the setlist that was long pressed was not edited, just selected). 

I respect your recommendation, but there is a reason that mode exists. If you want to edit multiple groups in a row, it's much faster to use that 2nd mode. The reason is that you can tap a setlist to edit it, tap save, then tap another setlist to edit it, and so on. You can edit multiple group types this way as well. Conversely, if you used the first approach, you'd have to edit one setlist, tap save, which takes you back to the library screen, then either long press another setlist and tap edit, or if you were viewing the list of songs under a setlist, tap back, then tap another setlist, then tap edit at the top of the screen. As you can see, if you want to edit multiple setlists in a row, the second approach is much nicer, which is why the mode still exists and I haven't decided to remove it. The only way I think I would consider removing that mode is if I added a faster way to edit a setlist on the library screen. Without having an edit button shown for every single entry in the list, I can't currently think of a faster way to allow a setlist to be edited. I'm open to ideas.

Thanks,
Mike