• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creating classical library sorted by composer
I had time to dig into this, and it turns out it's not a bug. What is going on is that the metadata format string is applied to the folders at the end of each file path. The reason it's set up this way is for scenarios such as this:

1) A format string is specified such as %GENRE%/%ARTIST%/%KEY%
2) The user has one folder containing all of the subdirectories. The first set of folders is letter. Under each letter is the genre, then artist, then key, then the PDFs for each song.
3) In order to populate the fields correctly, the end of the path is processed and MobileSheetsPro works backward. So it looks at the last folder and uses that for key, then the one before is used for artist, then the one before is used for genre. This allows for parent folders to be ignored when processing the subdirectories.

I can't remember all of the history, but I know some users required it to work this way. Unfortunately this doesn't work well with what you need. So I'm going to have to add a new setting to control this. I'm thinking the setting will say something align the lines of, "Apply format string to folders at end of path", and it will be enabled by default (as that is the current behavior). In your case, you would uncheck this, and MobileSheets would only use the format string starting with the directories under the starting folder. I'll add this for the next update.

Hopefully that all made sense...

Thanks,
Mike

Messages In This Thread
RE: Creating classical library sorted by composer - by Zubersoft - 08-24-2019, 03:15 PM