• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MobileSheetsPro on Chromebook displays incorrect IP address
(09-14-2019, 04:10 AM)WJSelf5022 Wrote:
(09-12-2019, 05:34 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Chromebooks are a little interesting because they have a built-in firewall and the way they handle network may also involve a NAT. When MobileSheetsPro looks up the local IP address, it iterates over all available network interfaces and uses the first IPv4 address that is found that isn't the loopback address. It's possible with Chromebook that there are multiple network interfaces involved. Regardless, broadcasting is blocked by the firewall, so you won't see a connection pop-up on the PC running the companion app. This means you need to use the Connection->Manual WiFi Connect option in the companion application. Just enter the correct IP address when doing that and it should all work. Let me know if that is not the case.

Mike
Mike,

I thought that I sent you a reply by email, but I cannot find it in my "Sent" box.

I tried that several times, but it would never work.  I rechecked the IP address for the Chromebook on our home network, and it remains what it always has been, which is not what shows up in MobileSheetsPro.  I cannot find a way to correct the IP address in the MobileSheetsPro "Connect to PC" pop-up window.

I know almost nothing about Chromebooks or anything running a Google or Android OS.  I bought this Chromebook for my wife only because it was shown as a highly rated device to use with MobileSheetsPro.  We do not use it for anything else.  Now, we can't seem to be able to use it for that.

Any other suggestions you or someone else might have would be appreciated.

Bill

Messages In This Thread
RE: MobileSheetsPro on Chromebook displays incorrect IP address - by WJSelf5022 - 09-14-2019, 04:17 AM