• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tips
Good morning everyone

I've managed, with the help of the programmer, to figure out how to sort lists so that they are in the order I'll play them. However, do you know any tips in keeping track of which songs you've already "added"? In other words, I've got, say 100 songs imported. I want to populate 4 show lists, but not have any duplicate songs. While I'm editing setlist 1, for example, the ones I've added get color coded so I can see at that time, but once I go to edit, for example, setlist 3, all the songs are on the right hand side again with no indication that I've added them to another setlist. This feels very "primitive"...I've basically got to (gulp) grab pen and paper and "jot down" which songs I've added. There can't possibly be such an oversight. This is too cool a program to have that bug. Any suggestions??

Also, I'm using a Kindle HDX right now and a solid hour of rebooting modems, routers, hooking up USB, etc. has yielded no joy in terms of connecting to the "companion". My pc is connected to router via ethernet, which is very common, so I'm hoping THAT isn't my problem. Any suggestions on troubleshooting in this regard would be great. I've also disabled completely my firewall just to be sure it wasn't that. 

I'm leaning toward finding more of a "file manager" vs. "lyrcis app" at this point only because I only use the lyrics as a security blanket. But I've paid for it so I might as well use it.
There's another way to accomplish what you are asking for which is to use Collections to set everything up instead of setlists, and then once you are ready, you can just copy the collection into a new setlist with a single action. To do what I'm describing, try the following:

1) Go to Settings->Library Settings->Song Title Formatting.
2) Tap on the "Caption Format" field
3) Add COLLECTIONS to the list of fields (you can clear what is currently there if you don't use artists or albums)
4) Return to the library screen and go to the Collections tab.
5) Set up a collection for each one of the things you are currently using setlists for. When you add a song to a collection, you will see the caption for that song now shows each collection it is a part of. So this is an easy way to track which songs you've already added.
6) If you want to create a setlist out of the collection, long press the collection on the Collections tab, tap the three dots at the top right and select "Create Setlist from Songs". 

The reason you can't view Setlists in the same fashion is that I did not view a setlist as part of the metadata for a song. It's something the song is a part of, but not a property of the song. I could always consider changing that in the future if people really need/want to be able to view setlists as part of the song title formatting. 

As a side note, if you already have setlists set up, you can add them to an existing collection by long pressing the setlist on the setlists tab, tapping the three dots at the top right and selecting either "Create Collection from Songs" or "Add Songs to Collection".

My PC is connected to my router directly and all 10 of my tablets can connect to the companion app through it, so that's definitely not the issue. The issue is that something on your network is either blocking the network traffic between the tablet and the PC, or there are settings either on the PC or tablet that have to change to allow the network traffic to go through.  If you want to use USB, you'll have to install these drivers: https://developer.amazon.com/docs/fire-t...evice.html

It's pretty tedious to set up the USB connection, which is why I usually recommend WiFi. What happens when you use Connection->Manual Wifi Connect? Does it just time out?

Mike
(09-23-2019, 01:52 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: There's another way to accomplish what you are asking for which is to use Collections to set everything up instead of setlists, and then once you are ready, you can just copy the collection into a new setlist with a single action. To do what I'm describing, try the following:

1) Go to Settings->Library Settings->Song Title Formatting.
2) Tap on the "Caption Format" field
3) Add COLLECTIONS to the list of fields (you can clear what is currently there if you don't use artists or albums)
4) Return to the library screen and go to the Collections tab.
5) Set up a collection for each one of the things you are currently using setlists for. When you add a song to a collection, you will see the caption for that song now shows each collection it is a part of. So this is an easy way to track which songs you've already added.
6) If you want to create a setlist out of the collection, long press the collection on the Collections tab, tap the three dots at the top right and select "Create Setlist from Songs". 

The reason you can't view Setlists in the same fashion is that I did not view a setlist as part of the metadata for a song. It's something the song is a part of, but not a property of the song. I could always consider changing that in the future if people really need/want to be able to view setlists as part of the song title formatting. 

Mike
Oh, this sounds pretty easy...I'll give that a shot. I do have my setlists setup in Wunderlist as well, so I CAN refer to that, I suppose but this idea sounds better. And if I make changes, I suppose I can delete the setlist, make changes to the collection, then re create the setlist from the collection per your instructions.