• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chromecast ( Lenovo tablet to Dellu2410 monitor)
I have a Lenovo tablet and Dell u2410 dedicated to mobilesheets in my practice room, but I am trying to use chromecast as the tablet does not have direct connection from USB c port. The monitor has hdmi/usb/ vga / dvi / composite video capability.casting times out after a few minutes, making this option unuseable . Would it be an easy change to display a few moving pixels to the screen, like a timer, or is this over simplifying the problem .
Sorry for the long delay in responding to this. Are you certain the timeout is due to nothing on the screen changing? If you change pages every couple minutes, does that stop the timeout from occurring? If it really is necessary, why not set up the metronome with a tempo of 10, use the circle or flashing screen display option, and start the metronome? That would cause a flash at a very slow rate and should stop the timeout.

Mike
(10-15-2019, 04:27 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: Sorry for the long delay in responding to this. Are you certain the timeout is due to nothing on the screen changing? If you change pages every couple minutes, does that stop the timeout from occurring? If it really is necessary, why not set up the metronome with a tempo of 10, use the circle or flashing screen display option, and start the metronome? That would cause a flash at a very slow rate and should stop the timeout.

Mike
Sometimes easy to miss the simple solution, I'm sure that would work, but in the meantime I realised that my wife's old Samsung phone has video out on the USB c , bought an HDMI TO USB C cable..... better resolution , and less clutter around piano. Thanks for your help.