• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pixel Android 10 not detected by Windows 10 companion app
My older Samsung tablet is detected by the Windows 10 companion app, but after updating to Android 10, my Pixel is invisible to the companion app. Both the automatic detection and the manual connection via hand-entered ip address don't work.
I just updated my Samsung Chromebook and it only uses Android 9. I'm on the beta channel. Is Android 10 available on the Pixel using the standard Chrome OS version? I would think the same Chrome OS version would be available for all devices, so that really surprises me if so. I don't currently have a way of easily testing to see if Android 10 is the problem or not because of this...

Thanks,
Mike
Sorry. I was not specific enough. My pixel is an Android phone, not a Chromebook. I uninstalled and reinstalled from the Play Store. Still no love.
I definitely think you are ahead of the curve with a device running Android 10. I'm not sure what I can do to test this until I can get my hands on an Android 10 device. Has anyone else tested on Android 10? Luckily the companion app isn't necessary for setting up or managing your library. It just makes it a little easier. If you put your files on the cloud, it's just as quick and easy to import them that way. 

Mike
(09-28-2019, 05:20 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: I definitely think you are ahead of the curve with a device running Android 10. I'm not sure what I can do to test this until I can get my hands on an Android 10 device. Has anyone else tested on Android 10? Luckily the companion app isn't necessary for setting up or managing your library. It just makes it a little easier. If you put your files on the cloud, it's just as quick and easy to import them that way. 

Mike
Turns out I am an Android developer too. Can you test using the emulator?
Possibly - it's always hard to know if the emulator will accurately represent devices. There have been many problems users have encountered that I'm unable to reproduce in the emulator, as well as problems that I encounter with the emulator that I don't see on real devices, so it's hard to trust it.  It's definitely worth testing though.

Thanks,
Mike
I tried to get things working with an emulator, but the emulator has it's own virtual network and I could not get port forwarding to work to allow the companion connection through. So I really won't be able to properly test this until I have a real device running Android 10.

Mike
(09-23-2019, 02:14 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Is Android 10 available on the Pixel using the standard Chrome OS version?

I've Pixel Slate with official build 77.0.3865.105 and Android version is 9.
I wouldn't hope for Android 10 anytime soon.

I guess it will take at least 6 months before we see Android tablets with Android 10.