• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PDF Page Number Customization or Page Number Shift
Even though I am totally ignorant on CSV files and how to create them from PDF's, in this case the PDF's are scanned documents meaning no OCR and represent over 4700 individual scanned pages.

Even the master index I have for all 12 books is 69 pages long with over 3700 entries. On that I could tweak the page numbers to match how the song numbers appear when I enter them in MobileSheets, but exporting that PDF to anything else creates a jumbled list that would take days to weeks of full time work to sort out and clean-up just so I could create formulas to tweak the page numbers. Besides, I still would want the individual indexes to be accurate as well so we would be talking about 7400 entries to correct.

Having the 12 books AS books in my library with the ability to be able to look up and use the page numbers in ether the master index or the individual indexes to find the song is what I was hoping to accomplish without spending a massive amount of time to tweak data for something I only want as a back-up when I don't have a particular song in my library as an individual sheet. That's how most people I play with use Fake Books.

If I am missing something that makes creating and using CSV files a snap from scanned documents, enlighten me but in my mind, having MobileSheets use the same page format as Acrobat so things match up when the imported PDF uses other page numbering displays is the way to go for a lot of reasons.

Thanks for the input!

Messages In This Thread
RE: PDF Page Number Customization or Page Number Shift - by Scherzo - 10-23-2019, 03:37 AM