• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PDF Page Number Customization or Page Number Shift
(10-26-2019, 06:33 AM)Scherzo Wrote: I see CSV files on the Forum for a couple of the Fake Books I have. So IF I import one of the the CSV files for one of the books I have in MSP and match it to the PDF and all of that, what does the CSV file do for me in MobileSheets?

The CSV file tells MSP how to "split" the fakebook PDF into individual songs. So if you have already got individual songs that reference your fakebook PDF you don't need the CSV file. If you don't, what should happen when you import the CSV file is, MSP should read the contents of the CSV file and create a number of songs that refer to the single fakebook PDF. They will have the titles listed in the CSV and point at the page numbers in the CSV. Usually the CSV also assigns a category so all the songs will be in the same category.

And when I said "split", what actually happens is... There is one single copy of the PDF, all of the songs refer to this one PDF, each song will refer to one or more pages in the PDF. So when you open the song it will automatically open the PDF at the page referred to. It will only let you turn pages within the range, so you can't accidentally turn to the next song in the PDF. So it is a bit like the PDF has been split into separate songs.

HTH

Andy

Messages In This Thread
RE: PDF Page Number Customization or Page Number Shift - by AndyL - 10-29-2019, 01:55 AM