• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MobileSheets v2.7.7 and MobileSheetsPro v2.7.6 Released
MobileSheets v2.7.7 and MobileSheetsPro v2.7.6 have been released. These updates contain mainly bug fixes. The list of changes can be found below:

Common Changes
  • Fixed export error with invalid cropping regions that could make the generated PDF unusable
  • Added option to use song titles as filenames when exporting files. This is useful when a single PDF is shared for many songs.
  • Fixed error with restoring a backup file that would cause subdirectories to always be used
  • Fixed error with importing .msf files that would cause the import to fail if setlist song notes were included
  • The Share Files dialog will now display a default filename when sharing a single file
  • Swapping files will no longer cause smart buttons to be lost
  • Removing a file in the song editor and adding a new one will no longer cause annotations, bookmarks, link points and smart buttons to be lost
  • Fixed error with library sync that could cause errors with songs that use multiple files
  • Smart buttons sizes will no longer change based upon the size of the page or the resolution of the screen.
  • Timestamps are no longer shown in the file browser for cloud folders if they aren't provided by the cloud service
  • The settings screen will now show the action bar with a back button on devices that don't support multi-pane settings screens
  • Fixed bug that caused certain PDF links (URLs) not to work correctly
  • The Reset Settings option in the settings screen will now clear out saved access tokens for Dropbox and Google Drive
  • Fixed bug with the clear library option that could result in some files and directories not being deleted
  • The annotations editor will no longer allow swiping to turn pages in stylus mode while zoomed in
  • Fixed bug with applying text or scroll settings to a setlist if all of the songs aren't loaded
  • Fixed reported crashes including a crash while zooming and panning
  • Fixed bug that would cause groups with names only containing punctuation to be hidden on the library screen
  • Updated Superpowered audio and PDF libraries to latest versions
MobileSheets v2.7.7 (Windows 10)
  • Added optimizations that significantly increase file access speeds when accessing files in the default storage location
  • The settings screen will now show the action bar with a back button on devices that don't support multi-pane settings screens
  • Fixed issue where canceling a library restore and then resuming could cause the restore dialog to disappear
  • Fixed a crash with version 2.7.6 when playing back audio files or using the metronome
MobileSheetsPro Companion v2.9.0
  • Fixed error with importing .msf files that would cause the import to fail if setlist song notes were included
  • Swapping files will no longer cause smart buttons to be lost
  • Removing a file in the song editor and adding a new one will no longer cause annotations, bookmarks, link points and smart buttons to be lost
  • Fixed bug with MIDI channel selection not being visible
  • Custom group tab will now correctly use the custom group name on the tablet
Mike
Good job! Thanks!
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
"Smart buttons sizes will no longer change based upon the size of the page or the resolution of the screen."

Hi Mike,
Why does this Feature come in?  I use a lot of smart buttons and on smaller screens now i See almost only smart Buttons....and this is the smallest size

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The change was made to prevent issues where a button is created on one tablet, and you transfer that song to another tablet, and the button becomes bigger or smaller on that tablet, as the button is trying to maintain its size relative to the page below it. Instead, if a button is 90 dp (density-independent pixels), it will be 90 dp on every device regardless of the page size. This means that the button may cover a little more or less of the page on each device, but the number of pixels used for the button is the same. The smallest button size right now is 67.5 dp. What is the size of your device that 67.5 dp is taking up that much of the screen? Is that a cell phone by chance? 

If you create a new smart button with the smallest size, does it match those buttons? In the previous version, if you had buttons created from one device and you added another button on a different device, even if the buttons were both set to the smallest size, they could appear as different sizes. With this update, the buttons will now appear as the same size on the score. I think this is a better approach overall. If you create a new button and the size is different than the other buttons that are also set to the smallest size, then there is definitely a problem and I will have to look into that.

I do plan on changing the smart button implementation as part of the annotation rework. With that update, I want the smart button size to be something users can easily change by dragging, much like shapes in the current annotations editor. This will be more flexible than a set of predefined sizes. In the meantime, if you would like me to add sizes for "Smaller" and "Smallest" so that you make the buttons 30dp or 45 dp, I can certainly do that.

Mike
Help Please.  The new version has just installed on my Lenovo Laptop.  It crashes every time I try to play a song.  Some sort of interaction with the sound system is causing a crash.  I have an important Gig on Thursday.  Any way I can revert back to the previous version.  I have a duplicate laptop for backup and the new version crashes on the second laptop as well.  I am in somewhat of a panic right now!

Thanks,
Steve
Steve,

I submitted an update to Microsoft immediately after the problem was identified with audio playback this afternoon. The crazy thing was I had tested audio playback not 10 minutes before generating the last build, so I'm not sure how this one got by me. I really apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. Microsoft should approve the update by tomorrow morning (although it can take several days if they are slow), but if you need the fix faster, we will need to switch you over to the FastSpring version that I distribute myself. Let me know if you would like to do that.

Mike
(10-29-2019, 12:56 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: Steve,

I submitted an update to Microsoft immediately after the problem was identified with audio playback this afternoon. The crazy thing was I had tested audio playback not 10 minutes before generating the last build, so I'm not sure how this one got by me. I really apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. Microsoft should approve the update by tomorrow morning (although it can take several days if they are slow), but if you need the fix faster, we will need to switch you over to the FastSpring version that I distribute myself. Let me know if you would like to do that.

Mike
Thanks Mike for the prompt response.  If the FastSpring Version will take my msb file then hopefully that will provide a solution.  In the meantime I can wait another day for Microsoft.  I'm already implementing a backup plan if we can't get it cooking.  Thanks again for your efforts.

Steve
Since this update, my songs that have auto-start enabled on metronome cause this app to crash (most of them).  Running on MS Surface pro 4.  Angry

Until the bug is fixed, is there a way I can disable metronome universally?
The same library is used for both the metronome and audio playback, so the bug fix I've made will fix both. Hopefully Microsoft will approve the update by the morning. If not, contact me at mike@zubersoft.com and we can switch you to the FastSpring version. This is no way to disable the metronome universally without clearing the auto-start flag for every song in your library. If you want to do that, add every song in the library to a temporary setlist, load that setlist, go to the metronome settings, clear the auto-start flag and then tap the button to apply the settings to the entire setlist. Every song in your library would have the auto-start flag cleared. Alternatively, if you want to send me mobilesheets.db under C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Packages\41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_ys1c8ct2g6ypr\LocalState, I can run a sqlite query on it to clear the auto-start flag for every song. The problem is with turning that flag back on once the functionality is fixed. You could make a copy of the database file, use it with the auto-start disabled (and don't make any other changes in the library), and then once the update is available, restore the database file.

Mike
(10-29-2019, 08:00 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: The change was made to prevent issues where a button is created on one tablet, and you transfer that song to another tablet, and the button becomes bigger or smaller on that tablet, as the button is trying to maintain its size relative to the page below it. Instead, if a button is 90 dp (density-independent pixels), it will be 90 dp on every device regardless of the page size. This means that the button may cover a little more or less of the page on each device, but the number of pixels used for the button is the same. The smallest button size right now is 67.5 dp. What is the size of your device that 67.5 dp is taking up that much of the screen? Is that a cell phone by chance? 

If you create a new smart button with the smallest size, does it match those buttons? In the previous version, if you had buttons created from one device and you added another button on a different device, even if the buttons were both set to the smallest size, they could appear as different sizes. With this update, the buttons will now appear as the same size on the score. I think this is a better approach overall. If you create a new button and the size is different than the other buttons that are also set to the smallest size, then there is definitely a problem and I will have to look into that.

I do plan on changing the smart button implementation as part of the annotation rework. With that update, I want the smart button size to be something users can easily change by dragging, much like shapes in the current annotations editor. This will be more flexible than a set of predefined sizes. In the meantime, if you would like me to add sizes for "Smaller" and "Smallest" so that you make the buttons 30dp or 45 dp, I can certainly do that.

Mike
Yes it is basicly the backup of my tablet on my phone, in case something happens to my tablet. So it is not my main device, but if i have to use it i have to delete the smart buttons. The scaling for me was always correct but i understand if other users have trouble with that. If it is not too much work i would I would appreciate the "smallest buttons" solution but if the annotation rework is almost done, it is no problem for me. i could delete the smart buttons if i have to use my phone and make a new sync and they are back.
Happy to confirm the 2.7.8 app starts much faster with no Superpowered audio. Much better. Thank you.
You are very welcome.
I am running MobileSheets on my Windows 10 PC set to update automatically, currently at 2.7.7. A day or two ago MobileSheetsPro updated itself to 2.7.9 on my Android Samsung tablet. I now cannot sync the two devices. PC is server, Android is client, which has worked best for me in the past. PC says it sent database successfully, Tablet says "received database version 54, but expected 55. MobileSheetsPro must be the same version on each device. Ending sync..."
dvs - MobileSheets v2.7.8 is available on the Microsoft Store. If you load the Store app and search for MobileSheets, you should see an option to update on the store page. Then you can use the sync again.

Mike
(12-05-2019, 01:30 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: dvs - MobileSheets v2.7.8 is available on the Microsoft Store. If you load the Store app and search for MobileSheets, you should see an option to update on the store page. Then you can use the sync again.

Mike
Well, that was easy. Thanks, Mike, all set!