• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Library on a network
Well, a further report back after using this method for a few weeks. At first, it worked great. But then I started getting error messages from MobileSheets that the database file didn't exist and requesting permission to restore a backup database. That would bring the database back, though. Then there was the minor annoyance that the banner announcing features for a new version came up every time except for just the first time. I'm guessing some file was being deleted by MobileSheets and then being restored by the sync. So, it was working pretty well with a few minor glitches.

Then, a couple of days ago, changes I made stopped appearing on other copies. I looked in my cloud account, and I found lots of files with the word "conflict" and a number appended to the name. I think that perhaps the syncs weren't happening fast enough to prevent having two computers trying to write copies of files at the same time. Perhaps I was not waiting long enough or something. But with my cloud account, there's no easy way to tell when it's synced.

So, I have abandoned trying to use the system this way. It was a good try, and I wish I could figure out a better way that was easy to use. At this point, I have gone back to manually syncing the copies of my songs that I have on four machines. I just have to remember that after I make changes on one computer, to sync it with the other three.

Messages In This Thread
Library on a network - by wthalliii - 10-30-2019, 08:37 AM
RE: Library on a network - by Zubersoft - 10-30-2019, 04:38 PM
RE: Library on a network - by itsme - 10-30-2019, 06:18 PM
RE: Library on a network - by BRX - 10-30-2019, 11:17 PM
RE: Library on a network - by wthalliii - 11-01-2019, 01:05 AM
RE: Library on a network - by Zubersoft - 11-01-2019, 01:17 AM
RE: Library on a network - by wthalliii - 11-01-2019, 10:15 AM
RE: Library on a network - by wthalliii - 11-19-2019, 07:54 AM
RE: Library on a network - by wthalliii - 11-27-2019, 09:58 AM