• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Deselected Fields Appear When Batch Editing Songs
#1
This is far from an urgent problem, but I've noticed that if I edit the data fields for a single song, only the fields I've chosen to view appear, which in my case is: Title, Collections, Keys, Composers, Genre, Years and Sources.

However, if I attempt to edit several songs as a Batch Edit in the Companion or by selecting multiple songs in MobileSheets Pro, other fields also appear.

In the case of MobileSheets Pro when checking multiple boxes to edit several songs at once I also see the fields for: Rating, Keywords, Custom, Custom 2, Difficulty, Tempos & Duration.

In the case of the Companion when "Batch Editing" I also see the fields for: Rating, Difficulty, Tempos & Duration, however if I don't select "Batch Edit" and instead select "Edit", I don't see the extra fields but of course have to edit them one at a time.

Another VERY minor issue is the use of square brackets [ ] in a Song Title. I use square brackets in song titles for various reasons, most often as a quick visual indication of the number of pages in a lead sheet or score or with commas to better differentiate what I've chosen to isolate.

For example, I have the Christmas song "Home For the Holidays" named as follows: "Home for the Holidays, (There's No Place Like Home) - C [2P]" in my library which tells me the title & alternate titles (I also have it copied as There's No Place Like Home... for ease of locating it), the key and the number of pages.

The problem comes when adding songs as PDF's to my library via the Companion, if I added "Home for the Holidays" as a PDF named as I wished to the library via the companion, it adds an extra space between the [ and the numeral which isn't there in the song title. That necessitates a manual editing of the song title which isn't a big deal, but an annoyance none the less since that is the only change I need to make to a song title.

Again an EXTREMELY minor issue but I assume a bug none the less since all other PDF file name characters & spacing seems to carry over just fine.
Reply
#2
Can't help you with the extra fields showing.

Re the Companion, you need to select "Use Filename as Title" in the import dialog (I suspect yours is set to "Guess title from filename")

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
Reply
#3
(11-21-2019, 07:53 AM)Geoff Bacon Wrote: Can't help you with the extra fields showing.

Re the Companion, you need to select "Use Filename as Title" in the import dialog (I suspect yours is set to "Guess title from filename")

Geoff

I do use the "filename as title" which is causing the problem.
Reply
#4
I'm talking about the "Use Filename as title" in the Companion dialog (the MSP has a similar dialog when importing from other sources)

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
Reply
#5
I'll look into hiding those fields on the batch edit dialog.  I'll also run some tests with the song title you've provided to see what's going on there. 

Mike
Reply
#6
Thanks!
Reply
#7
I fixed the issue with the fields not being hidden. When I select "Use filename as title", I don't get the space and the title shows up exactly the same as the filename. So I'm not seeing that as a problem. The "Guess title from filename" setting does put a space between 2 and P because it's trying to detect a scenario when it should break up a long filename such as "ThisIsMyFileName.pdf" into separate words with spaces between them. The [2P] happens to trigger this so it does [2 P].With complex filenames like that, it's probably best to just use the "Use filename as title" option.

Mike
Reply
#8
(11-29-2019, 06:22 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: I fixed the issue with the fields not being hidden. When I select "Use filename as title", I don't get the space and the title shows up exactly the same as the filename. So I'm not seeing that as a problem. The "Guess title from filename" setting does put a space between 2 and P because it's trying to detect a scenario when it should break up a long filename such as "ThisIsMyFileName.pdf" into separate words with spaces between them. The [2P] happens to trigger this so it does [2 P].With complex filenames like that, it's probably best to just use the "Use filename as title" option.

Mike

Is there an update associated with this fix? My current version is 2.7.7 and MSP didn't update when I opened the app. However I did get an update to the Companion which is now at 3.0.1.

If there is an update for some reason, my Surface Book 2 tablet which is dedicated to MobileSheets doesn't seem to want to update automatically anymore when I open MobileSheets like it used to. The last update I had to get from the Microsoft Store which I tried again this time to no avail.

In regards to "Use Filename as Title", that resolved my other issue. Sorry I didn't understand that initially.
Reply
#9
Unfortunately, Microsoft has still not approved the update I submitted last Thursday. I'm guessing they have a backlog from submissions over the holiday weekend. Hopefully they'll get it approved by tomorrow so you can update to version 2.7.8.

Mike
Reply
#10
(12-03-2019, 01:28 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: Unfortunately, Microsoft has still not approved the update I submitted last Thursday. I'm guessing they have a backlog from submissions over the holiday weekend. Hopefully they'll get it approved by tomorrow so you can update to version 2.7.8.

Mike

OK, Thanks!
Reply


Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon  


Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)


  Theme © 2014 iAndrew  
Powered By MyBB, © 2002-2019 MyBB Group.