• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Setting up MSP on new W10 destop
Hi Mike,

I have surprising difficulties to set up MSP on my new W10 desktop with my old database and the old files. 

I don't want to make a backup with files because my db and files are > 50 GB already (and if you remember that's the reason while I continue to ask for a backup
option without source files). I sync my files over different devices (always to the same path) so I don't need and want to use MSP's internal backup.

Here's what I did (worked the last time when I set up MSP on my W10 Surface):

- installation and start of MSP
- choose another file directory in the settings for the source files (in this case e:\sync\noten)
- close MSP and move my source files into the new file dir
- copy my lates mobilesheets.db from my surface to the localstate directory

Am I missing something? Shouldn't my db be usable with the new MSP if the paths to the dir with the files are identical?
(And there isn't a "manage your own files equivalent" on Win10, right? At least I can't find it in the settings.)

If I open MSP again the background stays dark, tries to load the db and says something (translated) like "database couldn't load all automatic backups. You have to restore the library manually".

After that the background still stays dark and displays no data. A bit later it displays the introduction screen of MSP.

What am I missing?

Messages In This Thread
Setting up MSP on new W10 destop - by BRX - 11-24-2019, 09:12 AM
RE: Setting up MSP on new W10 destop - by BRX - 12-30-2019, 09:17 AM
RE: Setting up MSP on new W10 destop - by KHS - 03-09-2020, 05:25 AM
RE: Setting up MSP on new W10 destop - by KHS - 03-10-2020, 04:39 AM