• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Setting up MSP on new W10 destop
(12-30-2019, 09:17 AM)BRX Wrote: Mike, sadly my problem on my new desktop remains, even after updating to the newest version.

I've sent you an email with a link to my database. Maybe you can find something that explains why it can't be read from my new installation.

It's strange that this db works finds on my surface and when I copy it to my other W10 desktop pc.
Did you guys ever solve this? I'm considering the same strategy with my setup (using W10 on 3 different machines, 2 desktops in 2 different locations for testing imports and one Surface Pro tablet for the final corrected and tested results).

I sure wish I didn't have to maintain exactly the same path to my MobileSheets Storage Location on the tablet as I use on the desktops, inasmuch as I have multiple drives and drive letters and file management on my desktops and only C: [so far] on the SurfacePro. I realize that's a separate issue from what you guys were trying to figure out.

It would sure be great if MSP could react to a "missing" or defective .mb file by prompting the user for a different .mb file in a different location to copy into LocalState. I agree with you that having to copy all the PDF contents for a backup of only what's specific to MSP is going to become undesirable as my library grows; it may lead users to backup less often. Obviously, the default option is useful to most users.

BTW, are you losing ANYTHING by only copying over the MobileSheets Storage Location folder and the .DB file? I see other stuff in LocalState that I don't understand (and don't want to).

Thanks. - Kevin

Messages In This Thread
Setting up MSP on new W10 destop - by BRX - 11-24-2019, 09:12 AM
RE: Setting up MSP on new W10 destop - by BRX - 12-30-2019, 09:17 AM
RE: Setting up MSP on new W10 destop - by KHS - 03-09-2020, 05:25 AM
RE: Setting up MSP on new W10 destop - by KHS - 03-10-2020, 04:39 AM