• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Real Book Extractor
Not to worry. Extra knowledge tends to come in useful later.

I've released another version. It still won't manage that file, but I've made several other fixes and improvements.
http://tprinn.co.uk/RealBookExtractor/Re...-1.3.0.msi
I think the main problem is going to be that "that" file is probably quite representative of a lot of the books that are out there. Many of the real books were digitised at around the same time and presumably with much the same versions of Acrobat.

Still, never mind - as you say, the knowledge should come in useful at some time in the future.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
Sorry to resurrect this thread haha...but I am using this app, and for the most part it seems good. However from time to time it will display negative images of pages within the same songbook?

Is there a way to stop this?

Thanks
I know what you mean the pages coming out negative. The problem is that a lot of the images that are extracted don't have any palette information in them. They should have a palette saying whether 1 is a black or a white pixel. Because of that, when I first wrote it the pages from some pdfs came out completely reversed, so I wrote in a little kludge to cope with it. I assume that the corners of the page should be white, so I look at the 50x50 square in the top left hand corner, and count how many white pixels there are. If there's more white than black I assume it's OK. If not, I check the top right hand 50x50 square as well (because some of the scanned pages may be a bit torn). If I still find more black than white, I reverse the palette. This worked on everything I checked it on, but there's no guarantee that it will always work. If the pdf was made from scans that have a black border this could produce a negative image, for example.

I suppose the nearest I can get to fixing it easily would be to add a button to let you switch the palette around.

While I'm at it, I'll fix the extract so that it runs on a background thread and can be cancelled. My laziness in not bothering to do that originally annoys me.

I don't know when I'll get it done. Probably some time this week.
(11-30-2016, 04:36 AM)trevorprinn Wrote: I know what you mean the pages coming out negative. The problem is that a lot of the images that are extracted don't have any palette information in them. They should have a palette saying whether 1 is a black or a white pixel. Because of that, when I first wrote it the pages from some pdfs came out completely reversed, so I wrote in a little kludge to cope with it. I assume that the corners of the page should be white, so I look at the 50x50 square in the top left hand corner, and count how many white pixels there are. If there's more white than black I assume it's OK. If not, I check the top right hand 50x50 square as well (because some of the scanned pages may be a bit torn). If I still find more black than white, I reverse the palette. This worked on everything I checked it on, but there's no guarantee that it will always work. If the pdf was made from scans that have a black border this could produce a negative image, for example.

I suppose the nearest I can get to fixing it easily would be to add a button to let you switch the palette around.

While I'm at it, I'll fix the extract so that it runs on a background thread and can be cancelled. My laziness in not bothering to do that originally annoys me.

I don't know when I'll get it done. Probably some time this week.

Thanks Trevor - whenever you feel like it/can do it is fine by me. It is an EXCELLENT app many thx.
I've uploaded a new version to
http://tprinn.co.uk/RealBookExtractor/Re...-1.4.0.msi

This has a Negative button on the main screen that will switch the palette in the left hand page, to make it a negative.
In addition, the PDF extract shows the progress and can be cancelled. It displays any errors as it goes along, and offers to copy them to the clipboard at the end of the extract.
Hello, fellow double basser Smile

This is an old thread but it seems that the RealBookExtractor is still the only thing out there which does the job.
My question is - would you kindly share some of indexes which you've already done? It's quite probable that we use similar stuff - The Real Book, The New Real Book 1,2,3 etc. Of course I'd gladly share my work too, but I've just started using your tool.

Cheers, Jacek Smile
You might find useful indices
- in the forum section General Discussion - CSV Files
- here: https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...p?tid=3276
- here: https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...p?tid=3450
- or by calling the MobileSheet Forum's search function searching for "CSVFile" (without quotes, without blank)

Sharing what you have or create is very welcome.
I recommend creating one thread per fakebook in General Discussion - CSV Files.
Please use thread names like
CSVFile for "FakebookName"
the keyword CSVFile without blank, no plural, so that a forum search can find it easily.
Thanks in advance.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de