• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auto re-connect of tablets fails (master-slave)
(12-03-2019, 06:11 AM)febus Wrote: Reconnection of tablets (wifi group) is not working reliably. We have to create a new group and join again almost every rehersal / gig.
Re-connect on start is ticked on...
Any way to get this functionality more stable?
Thanks,
Marc

Hey Marc
I've been using the Master/Slave function since it was featured.
I have about 12 tablets ranging from Android 5 to Android 9.

I had to buy a Verizon Hotspot in order for the M/Slave function to work properly as I found out that Android will drop any Wifi that doesn't have a connection to Google ... but that's another discussion in it of itself.

... nonetheless, I've never had a gig where the tablets stay connected to the Master.  If the master screen is turned off or the slave screen is turned off, inevitably a few of the tablets will lose sync during the gig.

Our normal setup is such that I'm the MD and I have a Cue mic that feeds the band members' IEMs and I can tell them which song is next. For those whose tablets have lost sync to my tablet, they can just flip to the song.  But last Friday we did a gig without our IEM system. 2 players' had their tablets that for whatever reason didn't keep sync to the master and they didn't know which song was next.

If you find an answer, I'd love to know what you found ... but for me, I use MSP at least 3x's a week with about 4-12 other musicians and I've never had a gig where the Master-Slave functionality worked flawlessly.  As we all do during a set break, we turn off the screen to our tablets to save battery. I think that's the issue. When either the Master or Slave "sleeps", it'll lose sync. I know there was a "rejoin group" feature implemented a while back in an MSP update, but it hasn't been very successful for me.

I'll check back here in case you find a solution.
12 tablets (Insignia, ONN, Dragon Touch). Ranging from Android 5 to 9.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Auto re-connect of tablets fails (master-slave) - by dallaskruse - 12-17-2019, 12:49 PM