• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auto re-connect of tablets fails (master-slave)
(12-03-2019, 01:31 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: Hello Marc,

I'm going to need more information:

1) Are you connecting using WiFi or bluetooth? Bluetooth is more unreliable in general, so I might suggest switching to WiFi if possible using a hotspot.  I can look into the bluetooth reconnection logic some more if that's what you are relying on.
2) If you are connecting using WiFi, are all tablets being assigned the same IP every time? If not, this is going to cause problems with the automatic reconnection code as it saves the IP address of the previous master.
3) Are all tablets Android? or do you have a mix? Is one tablet always the master or are you switching this each time?

Thanks,
Mike

Jumping in here.
I have the same issue. I can answer these questions based on my experience.

1) I always use Wifi. I have a Verizon Hotspot I purchased solely for MSP Master-Slave functionality.
2) I don't know. I have 12 tablets. We play at a different location every gig. Arriving at a gig and setting up 12 tablets and checking each one's IP address would be very cumbersome when I'm trying to organize a soundcheck.
3) All my tablets are Android. 1 tablet is always the master ... my tablet.

After a set break we'll return and I'll turn back on the tablets and some of them will have the layover window within MSP that warns that the group connection has been lost and asks me if I want to try to reconnect.  Even if I say "yes" and tell it to quit asking me, it will show up the next gig.

I've sort of just dealt with the issues I've had with my tablets losing Master-Slave sync because we do so many gigs and I didn't really have time to investigate.

Does anyone else have a fairly large number of tablets they're running in Master-Slave mode without any dropouts?
12 tablets (Insignia, ONN, Dragon Touch). Ranging from Android 5 to 9.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Auto re-connect of tablets fails (master-slave) - by dallaskruse - 12-17-2019, 12:57 PM