• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any showstopper using an Android and a Win10 tablet as master/slave for book mode?
Hello  @all,

I have the chance to acquire a rather cheap Win10 Asus tablet that I'd like to use as a slave device to an Android master (Samsung Note Pro P900, Android V 5.0x), to create a 2-paged book and use book mode page flips. I'd like to use the bluetooth coupling as the two devices will live side-by-side. I expect the BT coupling to be less critical than WiFi as the devices see each other (point to point) and do no need an additional 3rd IP-defining infrastructure.

Are there any known cooperation / setup issues (apart from needing to buy MSP for a 2nd time for the different architecture) for such a setup?

Kind regards,
Petra
Playing classical music on a wind controller hobby-wise - and tired of carrying around tons of paper sheets.  Wink
I don't foresee any problems. For simple page turns, bluetooth should work fine, although the pairing/connection process can be a little annoying sometimes. I test connecting Windows to Android all the time. Just be aware that you will be at the mercy of the bluetooth radio in each device in terms of the reliability. The Samsung Note Pro P900 should be fine, but I'd be more worried about the cheap Win10 Asus tablet.

Mike
Hi Mike,

thanks for the comment! But, can the Asus be sooo bad in its BT function as not to connect reliably over, say, 10 cm distance? Or do you fear a dysfunctionality more deeply rooted in the Asus system setup? Are there any previous bad experiences?

Kind regards,
Petra
Playing classical music on a wind controller hobby-wise - and tired of carrying around tons of paper sheets.  Wink
I would hope not - I just thought I would mention it as I'm not the biggest fan of bluetooth. I'm sure it will probably be fine though.

Mike
Well, the situation seems to evolve into a gentle end: I found another Samsung 12.2  Android tablet for a sensibly low price, so I'll connect two practically identical devices with each other (after receiving the 2nd one on Xmas Blush ).

I'll update this thread as soon as I can declare the mission as completed. (Or will come back crying for help ... Tongue )

I'll foresee some tinkering now, though, to integrate the two tablets into one pseudo-device by creating some light-weight but sturdy frame for them. If there are any suggestions I'd love to read them. But presumably better in another thread ...

Cheers,
Petra