• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update problem 2.8.1 / 2.8.2
I skipped a number of versions and tried to update recently. The MicrosoftStore updated to 2.8.1 instead of 2.8.2 as expected.
When I start that newly installed MSP 2.8.1 it shows an empty black screen containing only the menu bar and the filters. No tabs, no library.
Restarting the laptop or switching to a different MSP library does not help. This happens on two different laptops with Win10 1903.
Luckily my main tablet is Android where MSP 2.8.2 works fine.
I will wait for 2.8.2 and report if it fixes the problem.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

On Android I always backup the MSP APK file together with my library so that I can easily restore the last working state.
Is this also possible on Win10? How?
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11

Sounds very much like my problems I have with my new W10 PC. (Mike, I haven't solved it so far. Just hadn't the time to come back to it). Mike suspected some corruption in my database though it works on my surface and another W10 desktop.

I'll risk updating them to the new version and report. But a way to roll back to a previous version would be appreciated.
Maybe related update issue:

Made a DB backup on android (3000+ songs, 800 MB) from version 2.8.2, copied it to Windows (Surface tablet, MSP version 2.8.1), tried to restore it, and it pops up with a dialog box
"restore completed successfully. Some files could not be written to disk due to invalid or incompatible paths, or an error in the database. This may be because some files were not accessible (SD card not inserted?). Using a backup from a different tablet may also cause this."

This procedure worked in the past.

So far the songs/setlists for todays concert are available/complete (Yay!) - it would be helpful if there were some log WHICH files could not be written...

I also second the "easy rollback" option - i get a little nervous if MSP throws warnings a few hours before a concert... :-)
SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab8+ - Lenovo Yoga Tablet 3 Plus - MS Surface pro 2017
(12-26-2019, 04:49 PM)itsme Wrote: I skipped a number of versions and tried to update recently. The MicrosoftStore updated to 2.8.1 instead of 2.8.2 as expected.
When I start that newly installed MSP 2.8.1 it shows an empty black screen containing only the menu bar and the filters. No tabs, no library.
Restarting the laptop or switching to a different MSP library does not help. This happens on two different laptops with Win10 1903.

Hi,

I had the exact same problem with the same version (on a surface tablet).

I noticed that you had "German" in your signature. I have my Mobilesheets set to German too, which gave me an idea. I tried the following and it fixed the problem:

Inside of Mobilesheets, I switched the language to English and then back to German.

Now everything works normal again.
As mentioned in the release notes (https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...4#pid27604) version 2.8.0 and version 2.8.1 have some issues with database access (this causes an unrecoverable error during initialization that stops much of the app from loading correctly). Once I was made aware of the problem, I submitted an update Tuesday morning, but it was too late as Microsoft hasn't approved the update since then. I'm hoping they will approve it today, but there is no guarantee. 

If you want to be able to roll back versions, you'd have to use the FastSpring version of MobileSheets (https://zubersoft.onfastspring.com/) which I distribute myself but is licensed per device. We can switch you over to that version if you want to have more control over when you update and the ability to install older versions. Having said that, I'm able to update that version immediately, so there is rarely a situation where there is a known bug that I can't fix right away. FastSpring users of the Windows 10 version have been on version 2.8.2 since Tuesday, so they haven't seen these issues.

Chen - yes, I do need to produce some kind of log or status window that shows which files MobileSheets encountered problems with. This is on my list of things to do.

Spidron - you may find that you still encounter the issue sometimes. Switching the language like that caused the database to be reloaded, which probably got around the problem. If you fully close the app and restart it, the same problem may occur again. So that's a workaround, but not really a fix.

Sorry everyone for the problems this update has caused - I was trying to fix some major memory leaks by updating code in one of Microsoft's libraries which was a pretty important change. Unfortunately, I managed not to see all the problems during my tests.

Mike
MobileSheetsPro - German setting

The Change to English worked fine, changing back to German didn't solve the "black screen" problem !

I'll will have to stay in the English setting until v2.8.2 will be available in the Windows 10 store - hopefully also solved the language Problem...…. 

Could you send a notification?
THX
Spidron Wrote:
itsme Wrote:I skipped a number of versions and tried to update recently. The MicrosoftStore updated to 2.8.1 instead of 2.8.2 as expected.

Hi,

I had the exact same problem with the same version (on a surface tablet).

I noticed that you had "German" in your signature. I have my Mobilesheets set to German too, which gave me an idea. I tried the following and it fixed the problem:

Inside of Mobilesheets, I switched the language to English and then back to German.

Now everything works normal again.

Thank's for your intermediate fix.
Sorry but the change back to German language did NOT solve the problem in my case.

Hopefully the update will soon be available on Windows 10 store - I really Need my Sheets Exclamation Exclamation

Ben
Version 2.8.2 was approved by Microsoft this morning so if you open the store, you can update the application now.

Mike
I updated to 2.8.2 from the Microsoft Store and MSP works fine again. Thank you.