• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unwanted Scrolling Jump
Hi Mike

Hope you had a good Christmas.

Almost all of my songs are single page PDFs so I haven't needed to use scrolling before.

Trying it out on a 2 page PDF over Christmas, I found that your "Slowest Scrolling" speed was still too fast for what I wanted. To get around this, I used a large "Time Before Scrolling Starts" (at least >50 secs, one might end up being about 2 minutes!) and then set it to "Scroll Continuously To End".

This seemed to work fine although a bit difficult to choose a suitable "Time Before...". Later in the day, I noticed that the song jumped downwards when scrolling (roughly when half of the last page was displayed).  Conceptually, I could have coped with the display jumping upwards but jumping down really threw me trying to relocate my place.
I tried several things before setting "Pause Duration" from 8 to 0 and it seemed to work again.

Tonight the jump reappeared!
I then noticed that this coincided with the "Next Song Indicator" banner suddenly appearing ( I had recently set "Show Next Song Indicator" to "on page before next song"; I've always run it as "Never")

Not a biggy but thought you might like to know

Cheers
Geoff
MSP v2.8.2
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
I'll check this to see if the "Next Song Indicator" is the culprit. Pause duration should have no impact when using the "Scroll continuously until end" scroll behavior.

Thanks,
Mike
I'm not able to reproduce any problems with pages jumping during automatic scrolling, unless you mean the page being offset by the height of the next song indicator which needs to occur for proper layout. Depending upon the speed of your tablet, this may introduce more of a hiccup due to the UI processing to display the next up song bar. If you can define what you mean by the page jumping (i.e. did it move 5%, 10%, 30%, etc), that would help. I should probably add that if the bar being hidden and displayed impacts the scrolling, you could just set the next up song bar to always be shown which would avoid the problem entirely.

Thanks,
Mike
Thanks for investigating Mike

I think it just jumps downwards by the height of the next song bar i.e. not a big jump but enough to confuse the viewer (well me anyway and every time I see it) 

I realise that I could set it to always be on or off (I was just playing around with MSP features while I had nothing else to do over Christmas!)

Thought: If Pause Duration has no impact in this scenario, then perhaps it should display as disabled

Cheers
Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
It only has no impact if the current display mode is set to vertical scrolling. I believe it will have an impact if you use the single page display mode as it will pause for that duration after each page turn. So I'd rather leave the setting enabled than play games with trying to figure out when it should be enabled (as the user could also have the display mode overriden for the song). 

Thanks,
Mike
Many thanks Mike

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6