• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Manual cropping on multi-page song freezing
Hi,
Cropping a single sheet song works fine as do some multi-page scores, but a particular multi-page score causes Mobilesheets to freeze. It's a pdf. Bug? Something wrong with the pdf? If the latter, any suggestions. There are no other problems with it that I know of. I'm using version 2.8.8 on Android. I did send the log file a week or so ago via the app.
Thanks,
Jeanne
Hello Jeanne,

You posted in the Windows 10 forum - is MobileSheets for Windows 10 freezing for you, or MobileSheetsPro for Android? Version 2.8.9 is the latest version of the Windows 10 version, so I want to ensure you have downloaded that update as it contains additional fixes for the cropping editor. If the Android version is freezing, that is definitely the first I've heard of that, so I'll have to dig into the ANR or crash reports.

Thanks,
Mike
OOPS. Wrong forum! Sorry. I'm using MobileSheetsPro for Android. If you need me to resend a crash report, or the file that is causing it, I can do that as it's happening consistently.
Thanks,
Jeanne
Jeanne,

If you can long press the song on the library screen that is causing the problem, then tap Share->Export as .msf and email that .msf file to mike@zubersoft.com, that would help a great deal. I can then test with the same file as you to see if I encounter the problem. Does the problem happen with every song you try to crop or just particular ones?

As far as the crash report, do you have "Settings->About->Enable Crash Reports" enabled? I don't seem to have received any crash reports related to the cropping editor, so I just wanted to check.

Thanks,
Mike
Mike,
Just emailed the file. The problem definitely does NOT happen with every song. It may only be this one: I just tried a different mutli-page score and it behaved properly. Of course, that doesn't prove there aren't others that would cause the crash. Enable Crash Reports is enabled. Do you want me to crash it again and have it resend the report?
Thanks, Jeanne
I'll test out the file and get back to you.

Thanks,
Mike