• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introducing myself and explaining how I prepare my sheet music files.
Hello all, I'm GRB, and I have a degree in Music History from the University of Colorado.   I can play the piano, but I don't consider myself an actual pianist, although I did play piano in a restaurant in Waikiki for a year,   Dealing with piles of sheet music has always been a nuisance.   I had seen certain professional classical players using various tablets and computers to display their music while performing.  One of the most notable being Christopher Riley the host of NPR's From The Top.

I've been an exclusively Linux user for probably over 20 years now; but only recently, I purchased a 10" Samsung Tab 5Se that I thought would be satisfactory for use as a sheet music display device.   I bought a Firefly pedal to use with it.   The only decent Android App I could find to display my .pdf's was XODO, but it fell short because using the pedal would bring down the Main Menu over the music.   I had looked in the Google Play store for pdf reader apps, and of all I tried XODO was the only one that was 1/2 way acceptable.   However it was driving me nuts with the unwanted and seemingly uncontrollable drop down menu.  I complained to XODO many times, but they never saw fit to actually address the problem.

Nevertheless,  it was on the XODO support forum that someone suggested Mobile Sheets.   I looked it up on the Google Play Store and saw that it had many positive comments.   At the moment I'm using the trial version, but I don't know what the difference is between it and the Pro Version.   Is the trail version time restricted or what? What are the value added features of the Pro version?

I will write more about my experiences later, particularly using "GIMP" on Linux to prepare the sheets for the Samsung Tab 5Se.  So I'll add more to this thread as time passes.

Messages In This Thread
Introducing myself and explaining how I prepare my sheet music files. - by GRB - 02-16-2020, 11:48 AM