• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MobileSheets and MobileSheetsPro v2.9.0 Released
Version 2.9.0 of MobileSheetsPro for Android and Windows 10 has been released. I also didn't post version 2.8.8 release notes, so I will include those here. The full list of changes can be seen below:

Common Changes v2.9.0
  • Fixed bug with exporting setlists containing multiple instances of the same song
  • Fixed bug with annotations not being moved correctly after changing the page order of a file
  • Relative paths can now be used in csv files
  • If a master device triggers a link point, slave devices will now ensure the same scroll position is visible
  • Added touch actions to turn one page forward or backward.
  • Chord pro highlights are now easier to see when night mode is enabled
  • Fixed bug when using H chords in chord pro files that caused them not to transpose
  • Updates for PDF library used when render preference is set to "Speed"
  • Fixed bug with exporting songs that use a custom page order but with the setting to export the page order unchecked
  • Minor UI bug fixes
MobileSheetsPro v2.9.0 (Android)
  • Added options to disable Dropbox, Google Drive and OneDrive integration to match the Windows 10 version
  • Switched metronome sounds to make first accented beat sound correct
  • Fixed bug that prevented WiFi access from being properly detected on devices running Android 10
  • Fixed bug when using H chords in chord pro files that caused them not to transpose
  • Updates for PDF library used when render preference is set to "Speed"
  • Fixed bug with exporting songs that use a custom page order but with the setting to export the page order unchecked
MobileSheets v2.9.0 (Windows 10)
  • Fixed bug when exporting annotations from songs using image files
  • PDFs no longer need to be selected separately if csv files are imported from inside the storage location
  • Fixed bug that could cause the alphabet list to scroll to the wrong entry when articles are ignored
MobileSheetsPro Companion v3.0.3
  • Only a single instance of the companion app can now be launched
  • Fixed bug with annotations not being moved correctly after changing the page order of a file
Common Changes v2.8.8
  • Improved aggressive cropping algorithm to better ignore scan marks
  • The "Go to Next Song" and "Go to Previous Song" actions now show an indication when at the end or start of a setlist.
MobileSheetsPro v2.8.8 (Android)
  • Improved method of granting SD card write access on devices running Android 6.0 or higher and below 10
MobileSheets v2.8.8 and v2.8.9 (Windows 10)
  • Added additional error handling to cropping editor to prevent crashes on some devices
  • Fixed issue with crash reports no longer being sent
  • Fixed crash in cropping editor when turning pages
Mike
Nice work, as always, Mike.

Quote:Added touch actions to turn one page forward or backward.

That's interesting. Does that mean the former touch areas for this action aren't fixed any more and available for other touch actions?

If not I think it makes sense to "free them up" and just let the page bck/fwd stand as the standard touch actions for these areas
but usable with other touch actions as well.
No, the left/right sides of the screen still initiate "Go to previous page" and "Go to next page" actions. This is different than the new touch action I added. For example, if you use the two page display mode, tapping the sides will turn the page according to the page turn mode. If you use the touch action to go forward one page, it will just skip to the next page regardless of the page turn mode (so if you are turning two pages at a time, this gives you a way of turning one page, which is why a user requested it). If you are using the half page mode, this gives you another way of completing a full page turn instead of a half page turn. For the vertical scrolling display mode, if the page is much larger than the screen, tapping the sides will turn around 30% of the screen. The new touch action would just skip to the next page. Similarly, if half page turns are used with the single page display mode in landscape, this new touch action provides a way to complete a full page turn. 

I know it's not entirely intuitive, which is why I hesitated to add the new actions, but I try to give my users what they want if their requests make sense. For the two page display mode, I can see the usefulness of being able to turn one page at a time or two pages by just tapping a different part of the screen, so I decided to go ahead and add the new options.

As a side note, the "turn two pages forward" action doesn't always turn two pages. It triggers the "go to next page" action twice in a row. I may decide to change this to just switch forward two pages regardless of the display mode or settings, as there is a separate action to turn one page now which ignores display modes and settings.

Mike