• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom Group re-assignment
I'm a new user. Is there anything I need to worry about if I change the Custom Group to Lyricist? For example, will all .CSV imports and exports use that new name or are some procedures still going to require "Custom Group" as the fieldname?
Nope, changing the Custom Group to Lyricist is just fine. You can name that group anything want, and change it at any time. With .csv files, if you want to populate the custom group field, you still need to list the column name as "custom groups", "customgroups" or "custom_groups" (all are accepted). I can change the code to also accept whatever the user has chosen for the custom group name though, but you wouldn't be able to utilize those changes until I release an update with those changes.

Mike
(03-04-2020, 03:27 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: Nope, changing the Custom Group to Lyricist is just fine. You can name that group anything want, and change it at any time. With .csv files, if you want to populate the custom group field, you still need to list the column name as "custom groups", "customgroups" or "custom_groups" (all are accepted). I can change the code to also accept whatever the user has chosen for the custom group name though, but you wouldn't be able to utilize those changes until I release an update with those changes.

Mike
Thanks, Mike. Is there any reason all your acceptable input names for the Custom Group are plural? Would "custom group" be accepted? And didn't you already allow caps or was that only in another version (I use Win10 version). Thinking ahead, an update allowing the name actually being used by the user might be helpful. I think things may get too confusing once you allow multiple Custom Groups and users get used to their user-assigned names and have long forgotten what they were called when they originally installed the app. Just a thought.
All group fields accept multiple values in them (artists, albums, genres, composers, keys, etc), so a plural name is used. You should be able to use caps if desired. I'll update the code to accept the users custom group name as a column name.

Mike
(03-05-2020, 01:48 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: All group fields accept multiple values in them (artists, albums, genres, composers, keys, etc), so a plural name is used. You should be able to use caps if desired. I'll update the code to accept the users custom group name as a column name.

Mike
I thought those column headings were singular. I see now (it helps to open the app before I ask a question LOL) that your Groups are all titled in the plural (except "Recent" Smile ). Sorry about that.