• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PDF Bookmark creation
(03-05-2020, 02:08 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: I'm not entirely sure what you are asking for. This is the question that confused me: "Given all the work the user often must do to get the .CSV file right, should he really have to download an unsupported program in order to create those bookmarks at the same places the .CSV file splits the book and with the same "Title" and beginning "Page" imported thereby?"

Which program are you talking about when you say an unsupported program? 

MobileSheets supports a number of options related to PDF bookmarks:

1) You can enable Settings->Import Settings->Convert PDF Bookmarks will import PDF bookmarks and convert them into MobileSheets bookmarks
2) Share->Export files will take all MobileSheets bookmarks and embed them in the PDF that is generated
3) The bookmarks window lets you view and jump to any PDF bookmarks that are found

If none of those get you what you need, please let me know what changes you would like me to make.

Thanks,
Mike
Sorry to be confusing, Mike.

The "unsupported" program to which I was referring was jPDFbookmarks, last updated in 2011 and recommended by a few of your users. Just haven't had time to play with it yet, but someone remarked that it's no longer supported. I also note that it requires a Java Runtime to be installed, which some users prefer not to do.

I was referring solely to .PDF files that don't yet have bookmarks. I now see from your item 2) that if one creates MobileSheets bookmarks (something I haven't done yet), one can embed them into a new .PDF (as PDF bookmarks) via the Export function. That's great!

Now I need to figure out how to automate the process of creating the MobileSheets bookmarks, once I've already done the work of creating a compatible .CSV file for importing my .PDFs to MobileSheets. Or does that import process CREATE MobileSheets bookmarks while it's also creating individual "songs" pointing to the .PDF? And then I can Export to a new PDF that will then have embedded PDF bookmarks and I can then swap that file back into MobileSheets rather than maintain 2 separate PDFs, one with and one without PDF bookmarks? Am I getting it yet?

Sorry to be pedantic, but I'm trying to come up with a workflow in advance to avoid endless experimentation.

Messages In This Thread
PDF Bookmark creation - by KHS - 03-05-2020, 05:46 AM
RE: PDF Bookmark creation - by Zubersoft - 03-05-2020, 02:08 PM
RE: PDF Bookmark creation - by KHS - 03-06-2020, 11:50 AM
RE: PDF Bookmark creation - by Zubersoft - 03-06-2020, 07:07 PM
RE: PDF Bookmark creation - by KHS - 03-07-2020, 05:09 AM
RE: PDF Bookmark creation - by itsme - 03-06-2020, 10:08 PM
RE: PDF Bookmark creation - by KHS - 03-07-2020, 05:20 AM
RE: PDF Bookmark creation - by Zubersoft - 03-07-2020, 05:10 AM
RE: PDF Bookmark creation - by KHS - 03-07-2020, 05:17 AM
RE: PDF Bookmark creation - by Zubersoft - 03-07-2020, 05:28 AM
RE: PDF Bookmark creation - by KHS - 03-07-2020, 06:00 AM