• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Print Dialog is Blank
(03-13-2020, 08:57 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: It seems like this must have been a change Google made on their side for the print dialog. My code hasn't changed in a very long time and it still works correct on my non-chrome OS devices. The main problem is that my code matches exactly what Google says you should do for printing (I do everything in the background), but their side is now waiting for my background processing to finish before showing the user anything which makes no sense at all. There seems to be nothing I can change in my code to fix this problem as I don't control Google's print service (it's a part of the OS that applications can utilize and communicate with). Hopefully Google is aware of the issue and will eventually fix it.

Mike

Thanks for looking into this so quickly. I selected a single page chart and waited over 20 minutes and the dialog still did not appear.

I use MSP daily but I don't print much from it, so it's not a pressing issue. When you say "non-chrome OS devices" do you mean Android? I guess maybe Windows, but I don't use it so I don't know. I think I'll get an Android tablet. ChromeOS seems to have frequent problems running Android apps.

Chromebook printing seems to be very weak and Google is planning on killing cloud print later this year. My Brother printer is not yet supported under ChromeOS for direct printing. I have it working well with cups on Ubuntu Linux and thought about rooting my chromebook and try to get it running there, but I'm retired (Unix admin) and the key word is "retired"...I just want to play music.

Off topic:
The most important issue for me with MSP is being able to create custom stamps. I've seen this feature requested already, but here's my vote. In particular, I'd like blank guitar (and other string instruments) fretboard stamps.

Thanks,
John

Messages In This Thread
Print Dialog is Blank - by jweber - 03-13-2020, 04:08 AM
RE: Print Dialog is Blank - by Zubersoft - 03-13-2020, 07:07 AM
RE: Print Dialog is Blank - by Zubersoft - 03-13-2020, 08:57 AM
RE: Print Dialog is Blank - by jweber - 03-14-2020, 12:56 AM
RE: Print Dialog is Blank - by Zubersoft - 03-14-2020, 02:31 AM
RE: Print Dialog is Blank - by jweber - 03-14-2020, 02:47 AM
RE: Print Dialog is Blank - by Zubersoft - 03-14-2020, 02:52 AM
RE: Print Dialog is Blank - by jweber - 03-14-2020, 03:43 AM
RE: Print Dialog is Blank - by Geoff Bacon - 03-14-2020, 06:34 AM