• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hidden Songs
Hi, I'm having problems with songs, that seem to "hidden". I would like to ged rid of them and understand, what I made wrong that they show up at all.
First, I summed all songs in all albums and came to 3768 songs. Then I listed all songs and come to a number of 3992 songs. Obviously there are some "hidden songs" in the library.

In the next step, I searched for songs without an album - aha, I found 122 and removed them - but still there were 3870 songs in total, but I expected to have 3768. So where are the missing 102 songs and how can I find and eliminate them and how can I avoid to have such "hidden" songs again for the future?

I'm using the samsung 12,2" Android tablet with Android 5.0.2.

Hope during my forum study I did not oversee old threads of the same item, but I would assume, anybody could help myself anyhow.

Regards, Peter
Dodgy
No songs should ever be hidden in MobileSheetsPro. If they are filtered out, you can tap the "X" at the far right side of the filters bar on the library screen to ensure they all are displayed. Some songs in your library may not be assigned to albums, which you can verify by going to the Songs tab, tapping the button to show more filters, tapping on Albums, changing mode to "Unassigned' and then tapping OK on both dialogs. 

How did you go about summing all songs in all albums? I'd like to know the exact approach you used for that.

Thanks,
Mike
(04-02-2020, 02:06 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: No songs should ever be hidden in MobileSheetsPro. If they are filtered out, you can tap the "X" at the far right side of the filters bar on the library screen to ensure they all are displayed. Some songs in your library may not be assigned to albums, which you can verify by going to the Songs tab, tapping the button to show more filters, tapping on Albums, changing mode to "Unassigned' and then tapping OK on both dialogs. 

How did you go about summing all songs in all albums? I'd like to know the exact approach you used for that.

Thanks,
Mike
Yes, I can confirm, that the filtering settings can make visible previously "hidden" files. I can set the filters so that a I can have a selection og "hidden" songs to erase them.
Your question about the summing algorithm:
  1. I go to the album view which returns the number of songs of each album in a line per album; I simply added those album song numbers manually and came to 3768 songs
  2. I go the Songs view where I can visualize the total number of songs in the library; I would expect it to be 3768 as well.
In the meantime I was able to erase all "hidden" songs so the number of songs seams to be consistent.

And in the meantime I now, that I'm creating that situation  with the "hidden" songs: I'm using the CSV-Import for complete albums. If I'm detecting a problem in one of these csv or pdf-Files, I fix the problem on the source side (csv/pdf, whatever is necessary).
Now I went to the album view selected the affected album and erased all songs of this album. Than I erased the album itself. My assumtion was, that now everething which belong to the album has been removed now and that the fixed album can be imported as "virgin".
This is not the case, because exactly during this process, the "hidden" songs are "created".
Now the important question: How is the correct process to update a errounous album?

With kind regards, Peter
(04-02-2020, 06:27 PM)Audioliebhaber Wrote:
  1. I go to the album view which returns the number of songs of each album in a line per album; I simply added those album song numbers manually and came to 3768 songs
  2. I go the Songs view where I can visualize the total number of songs in the library; I would expect it to be 3768 as well.

If you are in the Album tab you can select an album or even all albums (all group tabs actually) and use the overflow to add them to a (temporary) collection.

Then you have all those in one collection for statistical reasons or for whatever other reason. This solution helped me some times already for organization of my database.
Peter,

If you clear all filters, go into the songs list for an album, select all songs, delete them (and make sure you are tapping the three dots at the top right and selecting the option to delete them from the library, not the option to remove them which just removes them from the album), then delete the album, it should completely remove everything related to the erroneous album.

Mike
(04-03-2020, 01:43 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Peter,

If you clear all filters, go into the songs list for an album, select all songs, delete them (and make sure you are tapping the three dots at the top right and selecting the option to delete them from the library, not the option to remove them which just removes them from the album), then delete the album, it should completely remove everything related to the erroneous album.

Mike
Thanks, that makes the difference. I will try that, next time if I have to replace an existing album
(04-02-2020, 11:53 PM)BRX Wrote:
(04-02-2020, 06:27 PM)Audioliebhaber Wrote:

If you are in the Album tab you can select an album or even all albums (all group tabs actually) and use the overflow to add them to a (temporary) collection.

Then you have all those in one collection for statistical reasons or for whatever other reason. This solution helped me some times already for organization of my database.
Ah, thank you. Godd idea! Then you should also be able to search for anything which is outside the collection.