• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
deleting all songs that share a .PDF
(04-20-2020, 08:32 PM)Geoff Bacon Wrote: While it sounds as though this will work, I doubt that many will use it because it is too difficult to "find" (when I had a similar problem, I had to sort by date to identify the songs and that only worked because I immediately realised that the csv file needed alterations).

When deleting a song, you already display a confirmation dialog stating that "Files shared by multiple songs will not be deleted".
Would it be possible to have an extra check box (always defaulting to unchecked) that allows the user to delete all songs associated with the physical file(s).

A better solution would be to provide an Edit option where one could easily obtain a display of all the songs associated with a physical file. In addition to providing an easy way to delete files (and it probably would not require a change to your delete logic), this could allow other operations like putting all songs into a collection.

I'll leave it to you ("Mike knows best")

Cheers
Geoff
Ditto all of Geoff's comments! Haven't tried the complicated procedure yet, because I used the Geoff "sort by date" workaround to find and delete 600+ songs.

Messages In This Thread
deleting all songs that share a .PDF - by KHS - 04-19-2020, 02:38 PM
RE: deleting all songs that share a .PDF - by KHS - 04-21-2020, 10:35 AM