• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Problem with making changes to song
#1
Hi,

I make changes in Photoshop to a pdf song that is already in MobileSheets Pro (PC Windows 10).  I open MobileSheets Pro and select Import and click on Local File. I select the pdf file and Open. The Import Settings window opens and the settings are Title: Guess Title From Filename, Load Song Editor After Import is checked, and Duplicate File Behavior: is set to Create New Song From Existing File. I select OK. A window opens saying that pdf song already exists and Update Existing Song With New File is highlighted. I click on OK. A window opens that says the song was updated and I click OK.

I open the song and double check that all of the changes have been made. All is fine and I close it. I right click on the song and select Edit Song to see if the Editor info is correct. Most (~75%) of the time the fields are all empty. I click on Cancel. I right click on the song again and reselect Edit Song. Now the fields are filled in the way they were prior to making the changes and I select OK to make sure they are saved.

Very rarely the Editor fields are shown as correct. The majority of the time they are all empty but when I cancel and re-Edit they are there.

The very first time I did this I assumed the Editor fields were deleted and had to re-enter them. The next time I did it they were there and correct. That is why I always hit cancel and try again to see if they are there.

There is definitely a bug there that needs fixing.


Thanks
Reply
#2
I'll look into this. It's possible some issues have been introduced with the changes to prevent memory leaks.

Thanks,
Mike
Reply
#3
I can't seem to reproduce any problems while testing on my PC. What version of MobileSheets are you currently running? I want to verify you are running version 2.9.4. Also, what type of device are you using? I'll run some more tests on my Surface Pro 4 to see if the behavior is any different on that device.

Thanks,
Mike
Reply
#4
Hi, Mike,

I was running 2.9.4 on a Dell XPS 8920 desktop PC 32Mb memory running up to date level of Windows 10 Pro x64. I just upgraded to 2.9.5 and same is still happening. 

Thanks,
Mike
Reply
#5
I'm not sure how to reproduce this issue yet, as I'm not seeing it on either my PC or my Surface Pro 4. I will try testing on some other devices such as a slower laptop that I have to see if it's somehow related to timing.

Thanks,
Mike
Reply
#6
Mike,

I'm still not having any luck. Is there any chance you can create a library backup in MobileSheets by going to Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library, and then share that .msb file with me through Dropbox or Google Drive? If so, please send a link to mike@zubersoft.com. If it's not too much trouble, if you can create a small video clip of the problem, that would also be invaluable so I can see exactly what actions you are doing (just so I'm sure I'm doing the same exact thing).

Thanks!
Mike
Reply
#7
I think I finally was able to reproduce the problem. The bug I encountered certainly would explain what you saw. I'll include this with the next update.

Thanks,
Mike
Reply
#8
(04-25-2020, 12:23 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: I think I finally was able to reproduce the problem. The bug I encountered certainly would explain what you saw. I'll include this with the next update.

Thanks,
Mike
Great, thanks Mike.
Reply
#9
Please try out version 2.9.6 and let me know if you still see the issue.

Thanks,
Mike
Reply


Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon  


Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)


  Theme © 2014 iAndrew  
Powered By MyBB, © 2002-2020 MyBB Group.