• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sync upload files fail
I currently don't reattempt uploads to Google Drive if they fail - I can modify the code to reattempt multiple times before giving up. I'm using Google's library to handle the file transfer, so I'm not sure how the internals of their library is set up when it comes to error tolerance. 

When I get time, I'll work on providing more details on errors during the sync. A file upload shouldn't fail without some kind of message in the status log though. How do you know it failed if there is no message? The sync shouldn't finish if it encounters errors - it will bail out and cancel the sync if it encounters a critical error so that it doesn't update the cloud folder with only some of the necessary changes. This way if you attempt the sync again, it will still attempt to upload files that failed the first time. If I let the sync finish even with errors, the sync folder could be in a bad state and it would mess up any device you synchronized to it. This is still partially true if files fail to upload correctly and then you tried to sync against the folder to update a device, but I imagine most users would only do this after successfully completing the sync to the cloud folder.

Thanks,
Mike

Messages In This Thread
Sync upload files fail - by g.lolo3 - 05-11-2020, 05:59 PM
RE: Sync upload files fail - by Zubersoft - 05-12-2020, 02:59 AM
RE: Sync upload files fail - by g.lolo3 - 05-17-2020, 07:41 AM
RE: Sync upload files fail - by faeriegrove - 05-22-2020, 04:13 AM
RE: Sync upload files fail - by Zubersoft - 05-22-2020, 04:32 PM
RE: Sync upload files fail - by faeriegrove - 05-23-2020, 04:12 AM
RE: Sync upload files fail - by Zubersoft - 05-23-2020, 04:38 AM