• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One Title - many parts
Hi Mike,

I would like to suggest, one function or structure of the music Sheets. It would be very useful to Group parts (1st...4th trumpet, 1st ...3 buggle ) of the same Instrument within one title. So the musician can easily change the part of the title, he wants to play.
It could be realized as a default setting for each title, or a pop-up window, that Shows up every time a sheet is opended, that queries which part should be selected/played at this time.

This improvement would help to simplify to change easily the part (e.g 1st trumpet --> 2nd buggle) without having a title for each Instrument. And It would help to change the song on several tablets, while they are connected, as the titles are equal, independent of the parts.
I believe the upcoming song versioning feature with support for instruments/roles will give you what you are asking for. I've discussed it on various threads in the forum, but this is a summary from one of the posts talking about planned features:

Song versioning (the ability to have one song with multiple versions where each version can have independent metadata, files, annotations, etc). Different versions of songs can be assigned to different setlists, and I plan on adding support for instrument roles where you can assign certain versions of a song to certain instruments. This makes it easier to share one library with multiple users and each user can just choose their role to load the songs relevant to them.

Mike
(06-03-2020, 05:15 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: I believe the upcoming song versioning feature with support for instruments/roles will give you what you are asking for. I've discussed it on various threads in the forum, but this is a summary from one of the posts talking about planned features:

Song versioning (the ability to have one song with multiple versions where each version can have independent metadata, files, annotations, etc). Different versions of songs can be assigned to different setlists, and I plan on adding support for instrument roles where you can assign certain versions of a song to certain instruments. This makes it easier to share one library with multiple users and each user can just choose their role to load the songs relevant to them.

Mike

Thank you very much for your response. the versioning functionality sounds great.