• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pages blank except annotations
I'm using MobileSheets on a Windows 10 ARM device (Surface Pro X) and quite frequently, pages in a score will display nothing except the annotations I've added. The only way to get the score itself to reappear is to crop the page again, but often it goes blank again after I've turned the page and come back. Changing the rendering between 'speed' and 'quality' doesn't solve the issue. This seems to randomly affect multiple pages in just about every pdf score I've loaded.
As mentioned here https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...p?tid=6453, that sounds like MobileSheets is running out of memory and trying to render as few pages as possible, but there may be exceptions being thrown due to a lack of available memory, causing the pages not to load properly. If you look at task manager when these problems are occurring, how much memory is MobileSheets using and how much available RAM does your device report? 

Thanks,
Mike
(06-15-2020, 05:33 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: As mentioned here https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...p?tid=6453, that sounds like MobileSheets is running out of memory and trying to render as few pages as possible, but there may be exceptions being thrown due to a lack of available memory, causing the pages not to load properly. If you look at task manager when these problems are occurring, how much memory is MobileSheets using and how much available RAM does your device report? 

Thanks,
Mike
Thanks so much for looking into this. I just opened my task manager alongside MobileSheets to observe its memory usage during different tasks. It appears you are correct in that high memory usage is at play. During normal operation the application uses about 500MB of RAM, and shortly before a crash, the memory usage spikes, usually to over 800 or 900 megabytes. My Surface has 8 gigs of RAM, and at the time of this test it was at about 50% memory usage by other tasks. So perhaps the spikes in memory usage reach higher than my task manager is able to record in the moment before crashing. In that case, I'll try to close all other applications and look forward to the update!