• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Genres assignment
Hi there! I just bought MS and I'm amazed at all the incredible things this app can do. Still getting used to it and it's a long process I guess. Yesterday I figured out reading the manual how to break large PDF's and found the solution on the creating snippets option. Now what I want to do is assign a genre on the new songs that I created. How can I do this?

Thanks in advance!  Big Grin
Fede, that's covered in the manual too (p.45 - 'Song editor' is a good place to start). There are a few ways to do it but if you have new songs created from snippets then the easiest might be just to edit the song (long press the song in the library and select 'edit', or if you're already viewing the music then select the 'edit' icon in the top left corner of the overlay) and in the fields page of the editing dialogue you can either type in the genre into the genre field or select the genre from a dropdown list if you've already entered that genre before. When you create the snippet there is the option to 'edit snippet after creation' which will allow you to enter a genre. I imagine you've worked it all out from the manual by now but let me know if you have any questions - happy to help if I can. Guy
Thumbs Up 
(06-22-2020, 11:15 AM)Oz Cello Wrote: Fede, that's covered in the manual too (p.45 - 'Song editor' is a good place to start). There are a few ways to do it but if you have new songs created from snippets then the easiest might be just to edit the song (long press the song in the library and select 'edit', or if you're already viewing the music then select the 'edit' icon in the top left corner of the overlay) and in the fields page of the editing dialogue you can either type in the genre into the genre field or select the genre from a dropdown list if you've already entered that genre before. When you create the snippet there is the option to 'edit snippet after creation' which will allow you to enter a genre. I imagine you've worked it all out from the manual by now but let me know if you have any questions - happy to help if I can. Guy

Thanks so much for your help Guy, I did it!!