• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgradind from the free version MS to MSP
When I switched from MS to MSP I looked for some guidance in this forum, but was unable to find it.

Maybe it would be a good idea to create a guide on "how to switch from free MS to  MS Pro"

In case it helps, I explain my experience, what went OK and what went wrong.

I had started to use the free version MS to check how it worked. I had added fingerings to some scores in the free MS. Then I switched to MS Pro and continued to add and edit my scores.

I wanted to delete the free version in order to work just with one. Since the logo of the two versions is the same, I tried to import the scores to the free version and had error messages.

The problem is that the scores are located in different folders in my tablet.

MS => Folder:  Device\Android\Data\com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro
MSPro => Folder:  Device\Android\Data\com.zubersoft.mobilesheets

I just realized that the name of the folders was incorrect, because the last one was much bigger.

This is how I went about the migration:

• Made a backup of my Mobile sheets Pro library  Settings\Backup and restore\Backup all songs and files to a .msb file at a user specified location  I saved the file in my device (I did not manage to do it in the SD card).
  • Went to the list of free MS and shared the scores with msf format (link on the top bar) Select files, then Share\Export as .msf files then choose a location
  • Uninstalled the free version. I was lucky I made a previous backup, because the folder com.zubersoft.mobilesheets (with all the info of the Pro version) was deleted. The folder com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro was still there, with the files of the free version Confused
  • Uninstalled MSPro and the folders disappeared
  • Reinstalled MSPro and restored the library
  • After some minutes (fingers crossed) Huh , the full list of MSP appeared and the library was fully restored
  • Imported the msf files I had previously saved

I have to say I lost a couple of scores because I did not make the msf procedure with all. I checked later that the data were now stored in the folder zubersoft.mobilesheetspro , as we should expect.

So now I have just MSP with all my scores. 

I suppose I could have made a backup of the free MS before installing the Pro version, then delete the free version, install the Pro and finally restore the library. In this case I would have started on a sound basis.

I wish I could have found such a guide when I upgraded the soft. Hopefully you will find it of use.
I'm a little confused by what you found. The version of MobileSheetsPro (called MobileSheetsTrial on the store but have a package name of com.zubersoft.mobilesheetsfree) would store its files under /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheetsfree/files. The paid version (MobileSheetsPro) stores its files under /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro/files. The original MobileSheets, which is no longer sold, stored its files under /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheets/files. So based on what you wrote, I'm confused which versions you are working with. If the icons are the same, then that would imply you switched from MobileSheetsTrial to MobileSheetsPro. 

The fastest and easiest way to move a library between the trial version and the paid version is just to create a library backup file and restore that backup file in the paid version. To do this, go to Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library in the free version, and then restore that library backup in the paid version under Settings->Backup and Restore->Restore Library from Backup. If you look at my FAQ (www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/faq.php), you will see two bullets:

How do I transfer my library from the original Android MobileSheets to MobileSheetsPro?
Transferring your library is fairly simple process. Follow the instructions listed here.
First, backup your library using the library backup feature. This can be found in the settings by going to MobileSheetsPro Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library. Then, use the "Restore Library from Backup" option in the paid version, and select the .msb file you saved out.

So that information is stated there at the very least. I'm glad you found a way to get it all set up correctly for you in MobileSheetsPro though.

Mike
I guess I started to play around with both versions (the trial and the pro version) that were installed in my tablet at the same time. 

I usually explored the folders and selected the one I want to import. I had then various options (open with either Adobe Reader, MSPro or MS trial). The difference between the two MS apps was just the name beneath. They both had the G-clef icon inside a blue circle. Probably I opened, edit and saved the changes in MS trial until I reached 10 files. After that I had some error messages and realised that I had not used the MS Pro version.

I was a bit puzzled to see that the names of the folder was inverted, but the question was eventually solved with a new installation. 

I agree the most logical way would have been to create a backup of the trial version (for the first edited scores), uninstall it and then install the Pro version.

Whatever the case, I am very happy with the setup and the behaviour of MS Pro. I have just experienced some bugs during edition (frozen screen when I cropped one page) but never during playing. 

I find that the app is reliable and easy to use. 

Thank you for your efforts to make it a reference in the world of digital score reading.
Please let me know if you ever encounter that freeze again while cropping. I'm happy to hear it's otherwise working well for you.

Thanks,
Mike