• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beta testers needed for new annotations functionality
Excellent, I look forward to hearing how it goes.

Mike
It went well. No problems whatsoever. Everything worked as it always did.
I must add that I didn't do anything with annotations. (I do annotations during rehearsals, seldom during a gig.)
Great job, Mike!
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
Hi Mike, I can test the eink build on a BOOX Max2.
Thanks, I'll be updating the e-ink version after I finish the changes for Windows 10. The Windows 10 changes are pretty significant due to the switch in the rendering framework that is being used, so I'm still working through it all. 

Mike
I can test the Windows version when available. I use a Surface Go 2 with a pen.
Hi Mike,

i would like to help you to test the Windows 10 Version of Mobilesheets. 

Kind regards

Sebastian
Mike,

Not sure if you want feedback here or somewhere else.  I've finally had a chance to play with the new version and have a couple comments.  BTW, I'm running version 2.9.7 (build 210) on a Chromebook.

Two problems and one request:

1.  After placing a stamp, I tried using the Select tool to move it.  I select the "arrow pad" setting but tapping on any of the direction keys will cause the stamp to jump down before moving in the correct direction.  Tapping the keys doesn't work because it always moves down.  Holding the keys will cause the stamp to jump down and then move in the correct direction.  BTW, moving text annotations works fine.

2. I have a PDF that I've edited in the past and I suspect it has multiple layers.  When I tried to "cut" the region with these updates, MSP crashes.  I can cut other areas fine.  It's just where these updates were previously done.  I can send you the PDF if you'd like it. 

3. I like having the ability to set custom colors.  It would be nice if in the color selector window, there would be a row for previous custom colors.  I'd like to have multiple custom colors available via selection and the ability to share the custom color settings between tools would be very helpful.

Overall, the annotation changes are looking great!  I love the "zoom" view when placing stamps and all the changes should make annotations during rehearsals much easier.
Thanks for the feedback. I'll look into the issue with the "nudge" tool when working with stamp annotations. If you can send me that PDF, that would be great. Is it obvious where I need to use the snipping tool to recreate the crash? As far as custom colors, I recently made changes to allow up to 10 custom colors to be saved for foreground color selections, and 10 separate custom colors to be saved for background/fill color selections. These will always show up as the last values in the color palette. I didn't mention it, but I did push up a new Android build with some bug fixes, so I believe if you download the latest installer, you will see these changes for the colors. 

For those waiting on the Windows 10 version, I'm still going through and fixing bugs and getting the new rendering implementation all fully working. It's been a larger task than I anticipated. I'm hoping to have it done within a week, two at most. Thanks everyone for your patience while I get everything ready.

Mike
Thanks, Mike.  I'll pull the new version down tonight and try it out.

For the PDF file, I can't see a way to do a file attachment in a PM or using the Email button.  If you PM me your email address, I'll send it to you.

-- Ken
Please send it to mike@zubersoft.com.

Thanks,
Mike
Quote:I didn't mention it, but I did push up a new Android build with some bug fixes,

There seems to be a new apk, but it still says its build 210. Is that correct?
SHA1 of the 'old' build 210: 3f9e29be84317bbe5f0e5e0160721131a0efa843
'new' build 210: 2e75e20d1e7ae184d40c9fcfe09e1435e320eb83
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
I've gone ahead and pushed up a new installer with build 211 to eliminate any confusion. I removed the build number shown in the settings as the Android version seems pretty stable and I haven't been getting any reports of major issues with the update, so I feel like it is pretty close to being ready for an official release. I'm going to wait until I can update all versions (Android, Windows, and e-ink) at the same time along with the companion app.

Thanks,
Mike
Thanks, Mike.  I picked up the latest version and it did fix both the nudge tool issue and the crash during the PDF cut command.

However, I did find one odd thing.  After I did the cut, I wanted to put a stamp in that same spot.  When I placed the stamp, the "locator bubble" showed the stamp disappearing and reappearing as I moved it around.  It looks like the stamp gets drawn under the blank layer created by the cut.  It's not a big deal since I could pretty much guess where the stamp was based on when it would start to reappear, but it is an odd behavior.

-- Ken
Ken,

All annotations have a z-order (which is closest to the front and which is closest to the back). The annotations most recently added are put at the end of the list, meaning they would be on top of every other annotation. I'm currently adding a white box to make it appear like content has been removed from the page if you select the cut option, but that white box is put at the end of the list, meaning it will be on top of other annotations. I will change this behavior so that the box is put at the start of the list so that other annotations can sit on top of it. You can manually reorder the annotations if desired so that the stamp will be on top of the box.

Thanks,
Mike
Mike,

Have a question.  I've got a friend who picked up an Android tablet and wants to start using MS-Pro.  Will you be sending out the annotation support as a normal update or should he wait until the release to purchase?

Thanks!

-- Ken