• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beta testers needed for new annotations functionality
I just sent you a PM with a link to the installer.

Thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike,
Great to hear the news. 
I'd like to test the betas. 
Thanks in advance... :-)
Marco

Samsung Galaxy S8 Ultra 14.6" - Nord Stage 2 HA88
Sent you a PM.

Thanks,
Mike
Would love to beta test the Win10 version when it's ready!
Build 207 has been uploaded with the following fixes:

- Implemented a few power saving fixes if the tablet is put to sleep with the annotations editor up
- Fixed issues with the song overlay and next up song bar when switching to the annotations editor. The title bar is now always correctly hidden.
- Fixed bug caused by using the panning tool and then hitting the back button which would cause incorrect page layouts with the two page display mode (along with other touch detection problems)
- Added code to automatically scroll the page up if a text annotation is created or edited underneath the virtual keyboard when it is displayed.
- Fixed undo/redo issues with text annotations
- Fixed bugs that could be caused by automatic saves triggering and then using undo/redo.
- Changed behavior so that resizing an annotation will no longer resize every selected annotation at the same time. Only the item that is touched will be resized.
- Fixed issue with combining freeform annotations where drawing a line, then changing a tool setting such as color, would cause a discrepancy between what is shown while a finger/stylus is down and what the drawing ultimately looks like.
- Fixed issue with adding or editing text annotations and rotating the tablet in the middle of editing.
- Fixed bug that could cause some touch actions to be incorrectly ignored after reaching a certain state.
- Fixed bug with editing text annotation sizes
- Added +/- buttons to the edit popup
- Fixed bug with ellipse annotations that could MobileSheetsPro to crash
- Fixed toolbar so it correctly shows undo/redo state when first shown.
- Fixed bug with the radial menu being drawn off the screen on some devices when the annotations editor is shown for the first time.
- Fixed issue where some windows would not correctly detect that they are offscreen if they are shown then hidden, then the tablet is rotated and they are shown again.

Unrelated to the annotations functionality, I added the following fix:

- On certain devices, location services must be turned on to use bluetooth with the Connect Tablets or Library Sync features. MobileSheetsPro will now prompt the user to enable this if needed.

Thanks everyone for the bug reports and feedback!

Mike
Build 208 has been uploaded with the following fixes:

1) Fixed issue with song overlay title bar being incorrectly displayed after exiting the annotations editor
2) OneDrive integration is no longer available on Android devices below 4.3 (Microsoft's API requires this)
3) It is now possible to use OneDrive for Business or Education accounts (as long as MobileSheets access to the OneDrive account is approved by the organization)
4) Fixed issue with creating a freeform annotation, creating a layer, and then drawing another annotation.
5) If "Always Show the Title Bar" is enabled, the annotations mode will now leave the same padding at the top of the screen when starting to annotate to prevent the page from being moved and rescaled. If the toolbar is hidden, a black space will remain.
6) Fixed issue where, if the option to store annotations in PDFs is enabled, MobileSheetsPro would only save the annotations on a particular page to the file if there was a change detected on that page
7) Added error checks for a number of crashes
8) Fixed crash on some devices while accessing the dropdown for the stylus button action. This will now pop up a dialog to select the action.

Thanks,
Mike
Mike, I'd also be willing to help beta test the windows version, when that's available.
Build 209 has been uploaded with the following fixes:

1) Fixed a crash while collapsing the toolbar
2) Fixed crash with vertical scrolling adapter
3) Fixed crash that occurs when toolbar is collapsed and an annotations is created
4) Fixed issue where copying annotations doesn't clear the list of previously copied annotations, so all annotations that were ever copied are pasted.

samibe and hlbuck - thanks for the offers to help with the Windows 10 beta. The changes for the Windows 10 version are going to be even more extensive than the Android side. I'm working through them still but once it's ready, I'll reach out to everyone with instructions.

Thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike

I'm interested in joining the android beta test (Samsung S5e, Samsung S7 edge, Archos 133 Oxygen)
But I'm sharing .msf with annotations with the bassist of my band
Will he be able to see the annotations made with the beta test version if he's running Mobilesheetspro 2.9.6?

Thanks
Damien
Hello Damien,

You can't use MSF files or have the beta share anything with version 2.9.6. The two versions are not compatible. The beta will upgrade the database and make significant changes to some of the tables for annotations. The file format for .msf files has been updated a fair amount to account for the new functionality as well. Let me know if you still want to participate in the beta knowing that.

Thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike

Thanks for the answer
I'm sorry but I think I'm gonna wait the official version
Thanks for the hard work, I use annotations a lot and I'm sure it's going to be great

Best regards
Damien

(08-04-2020, 01:53 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Hello Damien,

You can't use MSF files or have the beta share anything with version 2.9.6. The two versions are not compatible. The beta will upgrade the database and make significant changes to some of the tables for annotations. The file format for .msf files has been updated a fair amount to account for the new functionality as well. Let me know if you still want to participate in the beta knowing that.

Thanks,
Mike
(08-04-2020, 01:53 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Hello Damien,

Thanks,
Mike

Hi Mike

This make me think, do the the annotations made with prior versions will be displayed in v3?

Regards
Damien
Yes, absolutely. I went to great lengths to ensure existing annotations can still be displayed and managed properly with the new design.

Mike
Build 210 has been released with the following fixes:

1) Fixed a few issues with toggling through annotation layers with a pedal
2) Adding zooming support when using the half page display. Like the two page display mode, you cannot turn pages until you zoom back out. You can only zoom in on a page when the full page is shown. If one half page is shown and another half page is shown, zooming is not allowed. This is mainly to faciliate zooming in while annotating.
3) Fixed issues with the two page display when annotating while zoomed in
4) Fixed z-order issues with windows and the displays that show up on the score. This ensures that the layers window and other popups show up on top of the clock display.
5) Made small adjustments to the timeouts when placing crescendos/decrescendos and piano staves to allow for quicker creation
6) Fixed issue with reordering items in the favorites popup that results in the command bar showing an incorrect order.
7) Fixed issue with stamp favorites not saving/loading correctly
8) Fixed issue with initial stamp size when first annotating

Thanks,
Mike
I have a gig tonight and I'm going to use build 210. Stress testing...
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).