• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beta testers needed for new annotations functionality
The Windows 10 beta version is finally ready. I've sent messages to the users who have expressed interest in helping test it. Significantly more work was required than I anticipated due to switching to Win2D for rendering everything. The end results is wonderful though, as this brings the following improvements:

1) MobileSheets now uses the GPU for storing rendered images, and the overall memory usage of the app is lower. Things should also run smoother in general.
2) The ability to render highlights behind page content is now supported in the Windows 10 version (it was previously only available on Android)
3) Annotations should match up perfectly between Android and Windows 10 now. In the old implementation, text annotations in particular could look different in each version.
4) The two codebases are now much more similar when it comes to how pages, link points and annotations are drawn, which will speed up future development and lower the chance of bugs that only show up in one version

I've also pushed up a new version of the Android beta. In both the Windows 10 and Android version, I've fixed a lot of various bugs (especially in regards to exporting and printing songs), and I also made some significant changes to how smart buttons are positioned. You can now just drag them to where you want them to be positioned. This makes it much easier to align buttons. You can also drag buttons between pages if needed. I also added a new icon to the layer popup window in the annotations editor that will keep annotation layers in sync across all pages that are currently loaded in the annotations editor. I will be making adjustments to this though, because I now realize that it really should sync layers across all pages in the same song only.

aleksiandrej - is it sufficient when you tap a layer to switch the active layer that it just selects the matching layer for each page in the song? Or would you want it to synchronize across all pages in all songs that are part of the currently loaded setlist?

I also added the next/prev page buttons to the radial menu. This should make it easier to turn pages if the icons at the bottom left are too small.

Thanks everyone for your help with testing and your patience while I worked through all the changes.

Mike

Messages In This Thread
RE: Beta testers needed for new annotations functionality - by Zubersoft - 09-26-2020, 05:54 PM
Arrow svg files - by DonC - 10-22-2020, 06:48 AM
RE: Arrow svg files - by Cmart - 10-22-2020, 06:03 PM