• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beta testers needed for new annotations functionality
NeoCZ - I forgot to bump the version number in the code itself, so it caused a cycle where the app would update but think there was still a newer update available. I changed the latest build number on the server back to 0 because of that (which is why you saw the problem go away), but the next update will increase it to 1. As far as the crash with the eraser, I haven't received any crash reports related to the eraser, so that's quite odd. Do you have internet active on the device? There is a separate bug that I just fixed that could crash at any point after using one of the dropdowns (or even the edit popup), so that may make it difficult to pinpoint what is causing certain crashes. I can't seem to reproduce the issue with the dashed line either. If that setting is checked, I'm always seeing a dashed line. If you toggle it off and on, do you still see the same behavior? As far as the crescendo/decrescendo, if you want to resize them, it's a two part process. 1) Press down and drag to where you want to start the crescendo/decrescendo. Wait for a half second or so (with your finger still pressed) and then drag to where you want the crescendo/decrescendo to end. I designed it this way so that it's easy to position it initially, but then resize it without requiring a second action. If I implemented it like an arrow or line, it would be harder to get the initial placement right. If users don't like this and would prefer to have it work like other shapes, meaning you press and drag to size it, but then have to use the nudge tool or drag to reposition it, I'm fine with making that change.

Cmart - I'm guessing those crashes are caused by a complicated issue when it comes to freeing resources used in the dropdown/popup windows. There were a few things I wasn't cleaning up correctly, so I left it up to the garbage collector which can run at any time, and it caused a crash in the cleanup code. This makes it completely random when the crash can occur. I never saw this crash while testing because the garbage collector never ran for me during the tests (probably because my development PC has a lot of RAM).

DonC - You can't leave annotation mode using the radial menu at the moment. You would need to either tap the back button on the device, or tap the "X" at the top left. Even with the toolbar collapsed, that X is always present. There really isn't any room in the radial menu for an exit option at the moment, but I could move the Snipping Tool under "Other Tools" and then put an exit option where the snipping tool was under "More". As far as the panning tool, that is for panning the page (moving it around). If you've zoomed in a lot, the panning tool will let you move around the page with your finger. If you use a smart stylus, then the panning tool isn't really needed if you enable stylus mode, because then you can already pan with your finger. You have multiple ways you can quickly access the select tool: 1) The toolbar, 2) the radial menu, 3) The command bar, and 4) The side stylus button if you configure that under the settings. The two finger tap currently switches between the current tool and panning, but if users prefer, I can make that customizable so it could be used to toggle between the current tool and selection, or any other tool. As a side note, if you select something with the select tool, you can also drag it to reposition it, or just use the nudge tool as you are aware. I do realize that it takes more work to select things now than in the old version, but now it's much quicker to create annotations in rapid succession, which was painful with the old design. Especially if users are using a stylus, you won't need to select and nudge things into place, as you can accurately place things. If you would like, I could also add an option that automatically switches to the selection mode after an annotation is created and selects that new annotation. That would mimic the old design, but would probably get really annoying while using certain tools.

MartinH - It is unfortunate, but yes, the positioning of some annotations may be off after updating. This is necessary for moving to the new design though, and the changes in the new design ensure that annotations will be positioned correctly when mixing Android and Windows 10. I also received reports of annotations shifting in the old design for some users on Windows 10, so the update should address that too, as all coordinates are now saved relative to the underlying document's coordinate system. Can you long press the song that isn't loading on the library screen, tap Share->Export as .msf and send me the .msf file? I'd love to test that out and see what's failing. I think the crashes you are seeing are due to what I described above with the garbage collection. As far as documentation, I'm going to be working on update the manual once I've finished the changes for the companion app and the e-ink version. There is no documentation available at the moment, so if you would like explanations on anything, please ask and I'll be happy to provide that.

Thanks everyone,
Mike

Messages In This Thread
RE: Beta testers needed for new annotations functionality - by Zubersoft - 09-28-2020, 03:07 AM
Arrow svg files - by DonC - 10-22-2020, 06:48 AM
RE: Arrow svg files - by Cmart - 10-22-2020, 06:03 PM